ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MW2 connection issues

Weeman sucks ****
Anyone else on O2 broadband and having trouble with MW2 online? I'm on PS3 btw.

Just got it today and can't get on, pretty crap really.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've had another update today 1.4 or something and i'm having bother too, been trying to get a game for like 2 hours with no luck if i do get on it's on for like a few minutes then it kicks me out with connection error and now it's giving me connection to server i've been having this trouble from day one, laggy as f@@k keep getting kicked out by server and connection trouble it's doing my stats no favour what so ever :mad: :mad:

PS3 too and on ADSL

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
there's a few on my friends list who are playing on online, cant understand why it's me ffs and now it's giving me an 'ONLINE STATUS' still no further forward

Audi TT 225 Quattro
mines been perfect on ps3 ( sky 20mb ) apart from the 2nd day when no one could get on. I'm regularly made the host and have full bars which is nice:D it will also be worth setting up a static i.p address for the ps3 and also putting it in dmz on the router, done this on mine and i never have problem getting games.... ( oh and try and have it plugged directly into the router via ethernet rather that wireless as that will NOT help matters )

Fiesta ST-3
As far as i was aware IW the makers of CODMW2 sent an update 1.3 to fix a patch as 'trophies' were not working. But whilst sending the patch to fix that, it disrupted online conectivity to the IW servers or some s**t. So they then sent update 1.4 to correct this and ive had no issues since.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm always getting 2 bars on mine rare get 3 bars and no 4 bar at all apart from mucking around on the map on my tod. Do i need an ethernet cable from directly from ps3 to the router to get beter conncetion? i do have my ps3 wireless at mo from day one

Audi TT 225 Quattro
I'm always getting 2 bars on mine rare get 3 bars and no 4 bar at all apart from mucking around on the map on my tod. Do i need an ethernet cable from directly from ps3 to the router to get beter conncetion? i do have my ps3 wireless at mo from day one

you will see improvements straight away if you connect it via ethernet, will probably see 4 bars:) a cable will always be better even if it says you have a 100% connection when wireless. what speed are you getting on speedtest.net ?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
3.40 mbps and 59 ping what's the ball park price on one £5 been looking on amazon or is is better getting on in the shops like currys?

whats peeing me of it's allways laggy, and when i do have a good game going the server gets finished i'm sure they doing to me on purpose

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Mate you should be getting 3 bars easy with those speeds.

Look on ebay, ethernet cable about 5metres for 99p and they do work!

Wireless...
625719130.png

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
just ordered one £1.80 for £5 free deliver too. Just tried again on a server 3 minutes in on wasteland and kicked out couldnt find a good host for connection ffs.

should come on thursday. do you just plug it in no setting ajustments required?

edit tried another 3 games it's just a waste of time getting a game it comes up 'connection intrerupted' and kicking me out

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
i had same problem earlier, what i did was switch the router off in the wall for a good 10min, then he presto it worked :)

i kept gettin this:
connecting to matchmaker server
updating rank etc

after i did the router trick it worked, so might be worth a try guys

Fiesta ST-3
Mate you should be getting 3 bars easy with those speeds.

Look on ebay, ethernet cable about 5metres for 99p and they do work!

Wireless...
625719130.png

Are they really that good? Been considering one myself for a while as the wirless f***s me off, its just im a good 5 meters plus from the box. Can you get them real lonng and are they really that cheap?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ ye pm DannyR172 on here, he can do them and post it out to you the same day, i needed a 10meter one and it was cheap as the 15m in pcworld was 40quid, so i saved 34..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They are so cheap mate!

That was me wireless, i'm putting my router upstairs next weekend so 4 bars here I come!

Turning off the router always works for me.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
just turned off at wall for 10 minutes and turned all back on , searched for a server on mw2 and it froze looking for people so i turned the ps button and quit game and the machine turned itself off lol so i had to log back in MEGA FAIL at the moment 5 hours and not even to play a f@@c@ing game

dk

911 GTS Cab
finally i have the perfect connection for gaming, fast download and upload and a great ping.

no issues on MW2 at all.

625766526.png

dk

911 GTS Cab
Willy waving again DK?
i sure f**king am, especially as i control the whole internet speed, it's epic, i was on bt for 6 years so i actually deserve it!

as per the op though, i'm on o2, so its not likely to be an o2 problem.

Bus w**ker
No problems for me at all. Wireless connection (in another room) to a DIR-655 and then to Virgin 20mb. Even with two PCs, a netbook, my blackberry and the PS3 connected I've never seen less than 4 bars. Although I'm still seeing a connecting ping of 100ms and only on MW2 :mad:.

Weeman sucks ****
oh i'm getting the full 8mgb download that o2 offer as i'm next door to the exchange.

luckily i watched james may and mw2 started working afterwards. fcuk me what a top game. i did forget how good all those unemployed and 14 year old kids are at it though...better lay off the missus and get cracking

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Getting rid of the missus is key mate.

What's you psn id?

Motorbikes
Only connection problem I'm having is on co-op spec ops. I can play in MP fine, then my mate comes on and we do some co-op... all of a sudden my connection goes really slow and I get booted off Live c. every 10 minutes, but my internet hasnt gone down so no real reason as I have not signed out of Live. And when it is on for those 10 mins its really jumpy. We can both be in a party together and play on MP ok.

Dirty E91
I updated lastnight and was having problems connecting to TDM games after, would just sit there until the server connection timed out. i could however connect to express TDM games, weird!

Very frustrating!