ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MW2 vs BC2

Have been neglecting MW2 recently as have been feasting on Battlefield Bad Company 2. Yesterday popped MW2 back in for a little blast.

Have to say I was dissapointed. The core movement mechanics were just too fast and floaty with no weight, inertia or feel behind the movement. This led me to constantly have to over correct my movements! MW2 is most definatly the GT5p compared to BC2 being FM3!

Also the perks on MW2 are the stuff of fantasy such as the speed reload and knifing people from 'miles' away. It just removes any element of 'realism' away from the game. Now I know both Games aren't realistic but if you wanted some make believe shooter surely you'd just play Halo? ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
mw2 is flawed through lag perks and overly powerful weapons but is a great game.
bc2 is an average game flawed through movement (cant move diagnal) its 2010 FFS no kill cam so can camp in 1 place all game and the ease of sniping just makes every 1 camp. have both and now only play cod.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Whats crysis...? Lul

MW2 is COD 4, AKA now old.

BF2 is where its at.

I left MW2 for it and ive never looked back.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Totally agree. BC2 is brilliant compared to MW2. That's not to say MW2 is poor, as it certainly isn't. But I feel it's living on reputation rather than how good it is in reality. I went round my mates house the other day and he was playing MW2 (he doesn't have BC2) and it just looked lacking. I wanted him to blow some buildings up and get in a tank. Alas.

Each have their pro's and cons I guess. BC2 for me though. Love it. Put almost 4 full days into it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
BC2 for me. I really just don't like the way either COD4 or MW2 plays online. For a single player campaign though, MW2 has the edge. The scripted sequences are really great to enjoy the first time around.

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I hated the demo of BC2. And it just seems really clunky compared to COD.

I'll buy BC2 this week though, people seem to rave about it, so I need to give it a chance.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
After coming from cod mate it will. But give it serious time and you'll come
to love and cherish it like the rest of us.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I'll get it tomorrow. Watched a few reviews online and it seems smoother than the demo. We'll see.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yeah its better. But the main thing i noticed was the speed of it coming from cod but once your used to it its fine.

Just whack the sensitivity up full and your sorted.

182 Cup
BC2 is seriously frustrating at first, i've started having decent rounds at last, but still get totally raped on others which drives me nuts. Just takes time to learn the maps I guess.

Nimbus Megane R26
not even got MW2 installed anymore. Totally unrealistic compared to BFBC2..love BF games so much more!

Let us know what you think of it Chris.. my fav is rush maps i hate conquest.

S3, Polo
mw2 is flawed through lag perks and overly powerful weapons but is a great game.
bc2 is an average game flawed through movement (cant move diagnal) its 2010 FFS no kill cam so can camp in 1 place all game and the ease of sniping just makes every 1 camp. have both and now only play cod.

No Kill Cam? Are you playing the same game as me? :S

Totally agree. BC2 is brilliant compared to MW2. That's not to say MW2 is poor, as it certainly isn't. But I feel it's living on reputation rather than how good it is in reality. I went round my mates house the other day and he was playing MW2 (he doesn't have BC2) and it just looked lacking. I wanted him to blow some buildings up and get in a tank. Alas.

Each have their pro's and cons I guess. BC2 for me though. Love it. Put almost 4 full days into it.

This.

I was a dyed-in-the-wool CoD fan until I played BC2.

The transition from one-man army 'twitch' shooter to considered and tactical team play was difficult though...

Using a 40mm grenade to take out a sniper, hiding in the loft of a house or using a tank to collapse a building full of Hun is SOOOOO satisfying!

:D

Last edited: