ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MWM's New Project- Time to go VERY fast!

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
After building and breaking my little Ph1 I have decided it’s now all or nothing, and nothing wasn't an option,- Every man needs a toy!

I went to view this. It’s a Westfield SEi Wide-body unfinished project.

46549E8C-37F4-4F12-9FD5-1BFD829AF680-838-000000DB5583D396_zps81960f1e.jpg

2B1DE3C3-4385-42C0-8541-34626D7BE959-838-000000DB22866FCB_zpse0aa5cee.jpg

8881B30B-9A46-4FDF-8D8B-656A0419BA51-838-000000DB61618F87_zps241d456c.jpg

69ED09AA-81FD-47D3-9CCE-C7307EA9A8D3-2563-000001F089A37FA0_zps2429666b.jpg

IMGP2749_zpsc3dada04.jpg

The guy who started the project worked with carbon fibre so has done all the interior panelling in carbon rather than metal sheet.

IMGP2430_zps28a2908d.jpg

IMGP2435_zpsd0f53bec.jpg

IMGP2439_zps14f75e8c.jpg

IMGP2679_zps2ad8ab7a.jpg

IMGP2680_zps0194e137.jpg

So a deal was stuck and I picked it up late last night :)

A3F5F3E8-DA12-4327-8D99-0F82082B0694-2575-000001F27AE6E9A0_zpsb0c6cf31.jpg

BCF3BB53-8C44-47BF-9325-643E6DE68341-2575-000001F1BB11A54A_zpsd4f42814.jpg

For future refrance to anyone, a Westfield fits perfectly in the back of a transit lutton. If the van was 6 inches shorter and 1inch slimmer it wouldn't of gone in!

Plans for it are, 350BHP Cosworth YB engine, Loose the wheels for something a bit nicer looking, wrap the bodywork in focus RS Green.

Next update soon :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Properly looking forward to taking this for a drive when you have finished it, Porkies is too expensive for me to drive anymore with that fragile sequential box but I used to love it when it was the spec that you are going for :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Going to be great, look forward to seeing how the build progresses and hopefully see it in person at some stage (probably when I need work on the clio unless you have left the frenchies behind;))

Properly looking forward to taking this for a drive when you have finished it, Porkies is too expensive for me to drive anymore with that fragile sequential box but I used to love it when it was the spec that you are going for :)

when porkies was at micheals spec i used to pass him with "only" 225bhp .......:)

his latest spec is spot on , but you can get too much power and not have reliability

Micheal will be interesting to know what you plan for the finished look and spec , i was so close to having mine green , but i went for having mine painted in the end (the last one i did ) in mini indie blue)

the cage from "caged" really stiffens up the chassis and helps the handling.

If you need any help or advise on it i am only local ......... think i have a few sets of springs which are spot on for track use i can throw at you , as they will give me some room in the garage cupboards .

oh and don't stop with the carbon as after the panels there are still

aeroscreen
half doors
dash
wings front and rear
boot cover
wing mirrors
headlamp shells
rear view mirror
:)

Last edited:

Dan

172 track thingy
YESSSSS this will be a good read and very much worth following going by past projects and experience you have :)

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
when porkies was at micheals spec i used to pass him with "only" 225bhp .......:)

his latest spec is spot on , but you can get too much power and not have reliability

Micheal will be interesting to know what you plan for the finished look and spec , i was so close to having mine green , but i went for having mine painted in the end (the last one i did ) in mini indie blue)

the cage from "caged" really stiffens up the chassis and helps the handling.

If you need any help or advise on it i am only local ......... think i have a few sets of springs which are spot on for track use i can throw at you , as they will give me some room in the garage cupboards .

oh and don't stop with the carbon as after the panels there are still

aeroscreen
half doors
dash
wings front and rear
boot cover
wing mirrors
headlamp shells
rear view mirror
:)

Thanks mate. I'm really really looking forward to building this. Simple but massively affective.

I have a carbon dash and carbon aero screen but they can't be fitted just yet as they are frond upon by the IVA guys apparently.

Was looking at the carbon cycle wings last night. Next on the list is a Dash2 I think. Just because! Lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
fair point ...... i'd still rather MXL's , but then i have had years of using racestudio software

I think the race technology / xml debate is a bit like the android/iphone one, if you've used one for years you are likely to prefer it, lol

Reality though is both work very well.

that they do .......

and again its knowing how to extract what you want , and then how to best make use of what its telling you

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
that they do .......

and again its knowing how to extract what you want , and then how to best make use of what its telling you

Or in Mike's case not caring about daya anyway cause he's probably far more interested in just having an epic amount of fun in it than lap times as judging by the engine choice its for trackdays not racing anyway.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
This will be f**king special :cool:

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this mate.

Or in Mike's case not caring about daya anyway cause he's probably far more interested in just having an epic amount of fun in it than lap times as judging by the engine choice its for trackdays not racing anyway.

its all about the fun .......

and we did so many trackdays over the years too ..... in fact thats what the westfield was built for

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Pic of mikes's new engine:

CD01_65DT8218.jpg

still can't believe I've actually agreed to that! But not driven it for so long there is just no point keeping it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's just been sat there since August 2009, when I last drove it. So with mike needing a yb cosworth engine it just makes sense really. Still kind of gutted though, had it 10 years now!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Pic of mikes's new engine:

CD01_65DT8218.jpg

still can't believe I've actually agreed to that! But not driven it for so long there is just no point keeping it.

What an engine! Can't believe you've had that sitting since 2009 without driving it. You have too many toys mate! :hail:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What an engine! Can't believe you've had that sitting since 2009 without driving it. You have too many toys mate! :hail:

Even mikes torn, he loves my sierra too, lol.

Im sure we will both know its the right decision once we are driving the westy though. Lol.

You do know its a cool project when this is just the donor car though!

CD01_65DT8158.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Knowing the rate these folks work it'll be finished next week.

350'll be pretty lairy, 240's bad enough!

Lol sadly not. Looks like I'm off to India soon for work so won't get a chance to give the engine to mike till after I get back and got loads to do for the house move too, I should think its at least a few months till he will have all the bits to build it and the engine could do with a freshen up first after standing for so long.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Out of interest how much would you sell the cossie for without the engine. I know a fair few people that'd wan't it.