ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My £10 Cup Splitter Fitted!!!!

CTR--VX220D
All done for £18 [cost of splitter + a fibreglass repair kit]

All info here:-

http://renaultsport-clio.blogspot.com/

CupSplitter8.jpg

CupSplitter6.jpg

CupSplitter12.jpg

CupSplitter7.jpg

Airbags:- :rasp:

CupSplitter5.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
sweet, looks good mate, love your car!

how much you think it weights with it completely stripped?

CTR--VX220D
sweet, looks good mate, love your car!

how much you think it weights with it completely stripped?

Thanks,

I did do a calculation but forgot the figures! [I weighed all the seats and aircon etc... have a look on my website for figures] but have also not weighed some stuff removed ... I have removed quite alot.

The only things that havent been removed are some of the wiring loom, front carpet [im gay I know] the dash and heater [need them].

I'll have to get it at VOSA station for the big weigh in ;) I will then get a RR done so I can get an accurate power to weight ratio worked out.

Its now a rocket! :D

.... Oh and thanks for the comments guys :)

CTR--VX220D
^^^^ Its the SUV look ;)^^^^

You should have mate - fixing a broken splitter is dead easy as long as the cracks/splits are clean.

Shhh
mines snapped into about 4 pieces...

can that be fixed, i got them all, i went back and found the rabbits and the splitter was next to em..

CTR--VX220D
mines snapped into about 4 pieces...

can that be fixed, i got them all, i went back and found the rabbits and the splitter was next to em..

Like I said as long as the pieces fit together like a jigsaw - nice and neatly. Quite an easy job... just make sure you score the surface where the fibreglass gets bonded to.

Cheers Steve ;)

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
they are easy enough to repair but watch for curbs and stuff, cos the fibreglass will come loose as it can't bond to the plastic properly. if u want to fix it good, you should just selt tap some screws through the back with some metal / pastic as a splint then just grind the screws down that will be sticking out the front then pait the whole thing black again. stronger and will last longer than fibreglass.

edit - the hardest part will be makign it the correct shape - if its broken in 3/4 pieces

CTR--VX220D
Cheers

TBH... Im not too bothered about it looking too neat - its just a bonus its turned out like that.

FMP - that stack dash is sexy ;)

clio 200 F4Rt
the stack is a nice bit of kit, shame i never fitted it, but should go a treat in his car!

good work with the splitter too, i need to glue mine back together!

CTR--VX220D
Do you have arch liners? How have you stopped the scrubbin?

I have taken out the liners however not due to scrubbage - but to aid brake cooling.

I have ultra low profile tyres 195/40/R16's which have a plus side of not scrubbing.

good work with the splitter too, i need to glue mine back together!

I think its a common side affect of having a low car with splitters! The 172 looks ridiculously low with the splitter on - good job I dont drive it around day to day! lol

I drove it to Ikea today [missus wanted some things] to charge the battery - I love this little car!

NiceandLow2.jpg

Last edited:
  mini cooper (RIP 172)
how do you fix the splitter on? is it hard? do u need a ramp?

sorry i dont know much!

looks great tho

thanks

CTR--VX220D
Its really easy to do.

I put it on axle stands to create enough space for the drill. [my 172 is quite low though]