ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 04 1.5 dci 82 project.

Clio 1.5 dci
Hey there guys first posts always the worst :S,

Well here goes, bought my first clio last week and im looking at doing a few 'upgrades' to my dci however finding the parts at a reasonable price is getting kinda tricky. i live in essex so home of the 'boy racer' however parts are so expensive!
i have a huge list of everything i wanna do i just need a little help knowing if i can use parts for the 172/182 if they look better but still fit/somewhere to order stuff easily.

Right here goes with the list;
springs/coilovers - what size/ make is best?
wheels - spraying them
discs- drilled/ grooved whats best?
calipers - keep origional or change to brembo?
megane spoiler - does it fit basically?
172/182- body kit/ front nd back bumpers
colour coded trip - can you buy it or is it a diy job?
xenon sidelights/indicators/fog lights - i have a hdi kit 6000 so need something that looks good.
rs front grill
front/rear badges - paint or carbon wrap
fuel flap - carbon wrap?
smaller ariel- guessing just an ebay job?
head unit- need one which works with stork controls
induction kit- hate the look of the plastic cover and air box can i remove and replace?
egr blocking/ removing? - easiest way to achieve this?
Internal lights all through
number plate light
pedals/foot rest - changing to something that looks better
rear and rear sides window tint
front light plastic looks mouldy? any way to remove/ clean this?
new seatbelts inside
and how easy is it to change the colour of the clocks, i have the digital ones btw.
exhaust - apparently wont make any performance difference?

Phew long list
well its standard pearl black at the moment however i like the blue on the dci badge on the side so wanna change the car wo black and blue ie bladges/ wheel nuts/seatbelts/engine hoses ect all in blue? any ideas if this is even possible? at the end of the day money isnt going to be so much an issue if its worth it also would like any other ideas you guys may have as of what to do just want it looking/sounding good and a bit quicker than it is at the moment.

cheers guys :)

Fletch

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard buddy

As far as the list goes

colour coded trip - can you buy it or is it a diy job? Relativley straight forward DIY or you could look out for 172 trims if your car is pearl black or flame red

smaller ariel- guessing just an ebay job? I have a civic type R one on mine along with a lot of others, used to be about a tenner off ebay

head unit- need one which works with stork controls You can get stalk adapters for most headunits so you shouldn't really be limited on choices

pedals/foot rest - changing to something that looks better There was a chap on here that made metal foot rests that were a really good match to standard sport pedals, I would reccomend one of these if they can still be sourced, again cheap for the quality

front light plastic looks mouldy? any way to remove/ clean this? High grade wet and dry then a cutting compound to bring them back up, theres a kit that comes reccomended on here but I couldn't tell you who makes it

Ive tried to answer some of them for you, Im sure other more informative people will be along shortly

get some pics up :)

Clio 1.5 dci
Thanks for that mate, might just spray the trim could be easier than buying them however if i bought 172/182 bumpers do they have the plastic trim still?
any chance you know of any of these people who do the pedals?

and ill post some up today mate :) pretty good for 2500 quid and 55k on the clock :p

172 Rep
Where abouts in essex do you live mate? I literally live on the outskirts in barking, ever need any help give us a shout, done the whole replica route only out the official thread up, take a look :)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that mate, might just spray the trim could be easier than buying them however if i bought 172/182 bumpers do they have the plastic trim still?
any chance you know of any of these people who do the pedals?

and ill post some up today mate :) pretty good for 2500 quid and 55k on the clock :p

Sounds like you may have got a bargain there!

Footrest wise this is a link to one of the lads on here who's selling them on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6c0aefe5

Im not sure where you could get decent metal pedals from though, someone could probably point you in the right direction.

The 1*2 bumpers don't have the same front and rear trims as the non sport ones no, the rear has a very slim trim in the middle but most people leave that standard as far as I know.

Im getting my head around all this myself, I've just picked up another clio after 3 years away so learning the ropes again

Clio 1.5 dci

Little bit wet i know but gives you an idea :)

Clio 1.5 dci
Hopefully 172 rep just make it look good with a black and blue effect just need the main bits 172 bumpers rs grill and cup spoiler. Gonna spray my wheels grey with the diamonds blue and blue rim tape then carbon wrap my front and back diamond and some interior stuff then a blue dress hose kit and blue interior lights and Aux's hopefully..... just need the main bits to start with?

172 Rep
I have a 172 bumper but it's in a really shite condition, will need a proper sanding down etc
Also get a set of 172 wheels in graphite grey, provisionally sold ATM but if it falls through I could sort something for ya to help you out :)

Clio 1.5 dci
Yeah man deffo and my old man works in a body shop so that's okai and the wheels yh god for it but how much you looking for?

172 Rep
Look on my thread mate!
And you can have the 172 bumper for free lol
Don't forget the wheels are provisionally sold so if it falls through then you can have them

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
welcome to the forum! your car is looking similar to mine at the mo, although mine is a 1.4 petrol. Im thinking along the same sorta lines as you are in terms of what I eventually want to do to my car. Think rs grille is next on the list for me :) car looks tidy enough by the way!

Clio 1.5 dci
Thanks mate, things are progressing quickly as I have loads of new parts waiting to go on however just had the steering inner joints and track rods replace for the mot which was yesterday so kinda halted things for a bit but new pictures of bits soon :)