ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 Ph2

1.2 16v Clio
Hello! i just bought a 1.2 clio a month or so back very cheep, expecting hidden faults (and blindingly obvious ones too) as i didnt know a lot about clios really...
but i was looking for something i could do a bit of work on.
I bought the car looking quite sorry for itself with a few paint scuffs on the bumpers and wings etc.
This is how it looked
IMG_0973_zpse9d2dea7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
you can just about see the glue on the left of the car to replace the broken clips on the wing.
My first job on this was replacing the rims and tyres
One was actually snapped and the rest all curbed and dented to the point of throwing the car about!
IMG_1164_zps8f53d864.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I replaced them with knackered, yet safer, OEM rims after having a bit of a challenge with the locking wheel nuts whilst not having the key... joy! A bit of 'percussive maintenance' later and jobs a good'n.
IMG_1035_zpsee868159.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Next to fix was the clutch plate, as it slipped as soon as the engine got warm and going anything over 40 was just not possible! revs through the roof and no change in speed!
IMG_1163_zpsa1d6e641.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
After that came the bumper, bonnet and drivers side wing just to touch it up a little bit athough im sure the originals could have been fixed.
Old ones...
IMG_1162_zpsd0bdd136.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1165_zpsa7d12dba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
the rear driviers side light was cracked at the bottom but was a very easy fix with Mr.Ebay.
This is how the car stands at the minute...
IMG_1145_zps882eefe5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Next on the list is to change the radiator as it has a bit of rust on the bottom left corner and is getting wet. bad news!
And secondly, the airbag ECU. The passenger seat cables are already soldered and ECU is in a right state. its just a case of finding a working one. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plans for the near(ish) future are:
Coilovers, not sure springs will take it low enough.
New rims, banded steelies or Borbet a's. That needs deciding!
172 kit, if i can afford the respray as im sure you dont get Gris Boreal 172's.
Rs grill.
Yellow tint fogs and sidelights
Coded bump strips and silver bullets.

Any advice/Comments are more than welcome!

Ill update any real progress!
Thanks guys :approve:

Last edited:
172's don't come in Gris boreal buddy, I have the same colour so you would have to get a 172 kit resprayed. Making a 172 rep is expensive when you consider respraying, the front bumper, rear bumper, wings, side skirt and spoiler will set you back around £250 for the parts themselves.

Maybe consider just a 172 rear bumper and colour coded spoiler to tidy it up a bit? Check out my thread, I have the same car and colour as you :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ogress-thread/page5&highlight=Progress+thread

1.2 16v Clio
Yeah i know about the respray, not looking forward to it! Definitely should have looked into the colours more before getting this haha.