ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 cup

Renault Clio 172 Cup
ive been on here a few weeks now, and i havent uploaded any pic's of my car yet, so here a few pic's of it when i collected it. cheers Clio-172-309491208203812160.jpgClio-172-309491208203812162.jpgClio-172-309491208203812163.jpgClio-172-309491208203812164.jpg

Ex-User (36231)

ClioSport Club Member
Looks smart, makes me miss mine!

I love the number plate, did it come with the car?

Any plans for it? Return to std IMO, exhaust/wheels.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
yh the plate came with it got the recite for it cost £1,200 lol and a few people in my area asking if i want to sell it, well it came with a set of turini wheels but there all scuffed and corroded so going to referb them when i go back to work, and maybe a diffrent exhaust

RS6 C7
yh the plate came with it got the recite for it cost £1,200 lol and a few people in my area asking if i want to sell it, well it came with a set of turini wheels but there all scuffed and corroded so going to referb them when i go back to work, and maybe a diffrent exhaust

You want a BTM stealth exhaust when they come out, Will be epic. Looks good though.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks nice bud. Like clean cups.
Def get rid of the wind deflectors (and send them to me, lol)

Renault Clio 172 Cup
installed my new headunit today a Alpine cde-112ri, just looking to put new speakers in the car any idea's on a good set guys?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
got my membership pack a few days ago, put my sticker and tax disk holder in the car today after work, on the look out for a front splitter now was thinking a carbon one, or a standard one what you guys think? cheers

Mk1 Focus RS
looking good pal :) if it was me i would definatly get the turinis sprayed anthracite, a front splitter (standard one) and lowered.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
looking good pal :) if it was me i would definatly get the turinis sprayed anthracite, a front splitter (standard one) and lowered.

yh im spraying the turinis next week at work, going to prep them tomorrow but wasnt sure about going silver again or anthracite, but after seeing a few with anthracite on here im going to do them that, yh i was thinking towards standard splitter atm but seen a few with a skoda splitter on guess they are cheaper?

Mk1 Focus RS
yh im spraying the turinis next week at work, going to prep them tomorrow but wasnt sure about going silver again or anthracite, but after seeing a few with anthracite on here im going to do them that, yh i was thinking towards standard splitter atm but seen a few with a skoda splitter on guess they are cheaper?

yeah i think they look much better anthracite.

yeah the skoda fabia spiltters are cheaper but if i remmber rightly they arent a exact fit, im sure you have to cut a bit of each end, but easily done.

someone correct me if im wrong!

Renault Clio 172 Cup
yeah i think they look much better anthracite.

yeah the skoda fabia spiltters are cheaper but if i remmber rightly they arent a exact fit, im sure you have to cut a bit of each end, but easily done.

someone correct me if im wrong!

yh i will have a look in to the fabia splitter, i dont mind doing a bit of trimming if it needs it.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Today at work i preped the turini's, then i sprayed my borbet A's i have on the gti in high gloss silver
254221_2056710466552_1508320289_2199133_6656436_n.jpg

Renault Clio 172 Cup
at the weekend i am planning on giving the cup a service and fitting a new splitter, so today i went and got new spark plugs/leads, itg replacement air filter, oil filter just need to get some engine oil what you you guys recommend? cheers

Renault Clio 172 Cup
right this weekend i got round to spraying my spare set of team dymanics 1.2's took a few pics with the iphone....td respray 2.jpgtd respray 3.jpgtd respray 4.jpgtd respray.jpg

Tidy looking car mate, seems to be in good nic. I'm liking the look of those alloys.

If you're after oil and not sure what to go for, then go for some Elf Evolution 5W40, cheap enough, correct grade and Renault approved (you can get 5L for £33 or less)

EDIT: Oh yeah and awesome plate! If you aren't one for vanity plates then surely that's an easy £700 or so.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Tidy looking car mate, seems to be in good nic. I'm liking the look of those alloys.

If you're after oil and not sure what to go for, then go for some Elf Evolution 5W40, cheap enough, correct grade and Renault approved (you can get 5L for £33 or less)

cheers mate, yh im selling the wheels i just sprayed they came off my mates corsa and there 17" so bit to big for the clio i think dont want to go any bigger then 16", thanks for the oil info yh ill look in to it

Renault Clio 172 Cup

EDIT: Oh yeah and awesome plate! If you aren't one for vanity plates then surely that's an easy £700 or so.

yh the plate was another good thing that came with the car, i kinda like the plate tho but i dont think i would have any trouble selling it if i did

Renault Clio 172 Cup
After work today took the golf out for a little run and me and a few mates stoped off to take a few pics..
dubs.jpg
[/IMG]
dubs2.jpg
[/IMG]
dubs3.jpg
[/IMG]
Also thinking of changing the borbets for something different what you guys think? cheers. Will.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
not really an update on the cup until the skoda splitter to turn up, but after sorting out the starting problem on the monkey and hardly using it last year i desided to take it to work today, so when i parked up and seen a few weird looks form guys at work i took a quick snap cheers. Will.

monkeybike.jpg

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Just poped out and took a few pics not the best because there off the iphone, can see the skoda splitter i fitted 3 weeks ago too, cheers. Will.
cup.jpg
[/IMG]
cup2.jpg
[/IMG]
cup3.jpg
[/IMG]

rb182 cup
crackin car/pics...i used to have a cup but it got written off end of feb...stupid audi tt hit me from behind. like the "cup" plate...ive also got 1...but mine only cost me £250. i'll keep a lookout on your car/future plans

Renault Clio 172 Cup
crackin car/pics...i used to have a cup but it got written off end of feb...stupid audi tt hit me from behind. like the "cup" plate...ive also got 1...but mine only cost me £250. i'll keep a lookout on your car/future plans
cheers, oh gutting about the tt hitting you, yh car came with the plate got the documents for it cost the former owner £1,200!!, aint got no plans for it atm just put the skoda splitter on about 3 weeks ago.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
got in the car this morning and started her up turned down the road and a light poped up on the dash board i think it is the eletronic incident/warning light and i could not rev over 2500 rpm, but on the way home from work just then it didnt appear so was thinking maybe a fuse or wire got wet could this set the light off? cheers guys. Will.

renault clio 182
got in the car this morning and started her up turned down the road and a light poped up on the dash board i think it is the eletronic incident/warning light and i could not rev over 2500 rpm, but on the way home from work just then it didnt appear so was thinking maybe a fuse or wire got wet could this set the light off? cheers guys. Will.
this problem has happened to a few people i would know cause it happens to me sometimes! best guess is the throttle body sensor mate, bescause if it was just the throttle body it wouldnt be ok after start up again!

anyways thats whats happened on my clio so thought i'd share my wisdom so dont panic its not major and probably not the wires!
nick

Renault Clio 172 Cup
this problem has happened to a few people i would know cause it happens to me sometimes! best guess is the throttle body sensor mate, bescause if it was just the throttle body it wouldnt be ok after start up again!

anyways thats whats happened on my clio so thought i'd share my wisdom so dont panic its not major and probably not the wires!
nick
sweet cheers for the reply bud, yh ill have a drive up to my local renault dealer and see if they can plug her in and shed any light on what it is

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Not much has changed latly on the cup but last night i had a knock at the door and a guy across the road said some one just head butted you car, i was thinking wtf so was expecting it was the clio but when i went out and looked it was the golf just after it had a correction detail last week and was looking mint ready to be sold it has a fat dent in the rear quater pannel, but he said hes only just up the road so i ran after him and caught up with him and pushed him to the ground and the guy across the road called the police, they turned up and arrested him and carted him to the cop shop, they then came back and took statements from a few people who came out and said they seen what he did. Today i been to a few body shops and got quotes how much it will be to put right and then see what the old bill have to say.