ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yo

welcome to CS, i felt i had to write in yellow.. dunno why.. lovely motor.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 10 May 2005

OOh another Yellow mk1....rare.... nice car fella...:D

OOh, another South African mk1...Even rarer... Nice to see you here Govend

ps. Did you get the car with the original wheels? Do you still have them?

Yo Viceroy, I still have the original 15" rims but Im saving them for when I find the time to join the VW club on a track day.

Initially, I wasnt too keen on the colour but its growing on me. Im starting to love this car to bits.

Guys, thanks for all the nice comments.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

like the colour- hate the wheels! sorry its a matter of opinions i supose, id get it lowerd by 40mm and get some blackened 16inch oz superlegeros on there!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Govend_d

PLEASE DO NOT RUIN THOSE WHEELS ON THE TRACK!!! Theyre hard enough to come by locally in decent condition.

If youre interested, Id gladly talk to you about doing you a deal...Ill swop you my 16" wheels and tyres for them...Hell Ive even go out and buy you a new set of 15" wheels with tyres to swop for the original wheels

Viceroy, I know how hard these rims are to come by. The rims I have are in very good condition with the exception of a kinda lacquer peeling effect at certain spots. The tyres are Michelin pilot exaltos and have about 90% life.

I plan to get the rims refurbished with either a powder coat or paint. Maybe you could help me decide which is better...painting or powder coating. I would like to have the rims done in anthracite. What do you think?

Maybe someone could do a photoshop on my car with the original 15" in anthracite:D

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Govend_d, I reckon powder coated in Anthracite would look good on your car (even better on my car:D)

Youre in Randburg right? There is a wheel refurbishing place round the back of the motorcity center on Hans Strydom..I think theyre called Rim Right, something like that...prices are quite reasonable and they do excellent work.

When I got one of my old rims sorted a scooby driver (Darren from NxGen) had just refurbished all 4 of his wifes 172 Wheels...looked brand new