ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Cup @ Doune Hillclimb Video

Clio 182 & Golf Mk1 Racer
Yeah, very tight. Some pics...

ClioDoune001.jpg

ClioDoune003.jpg

ClioDoune004.jpg

JuneDoune2008.jpg

ClioDoune.jpg

The class competition...

ClioDoune002.jpg

Cheers, Ali

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice one Ali, need to get a beer next wk or something! Golf no finished yet!?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not far from my house i was going to pop up and watch too!!

pretty tight isnt it! u seem to be a pretty good driver though!

looks standard suspension wise too which shows just how good it is and how there is no need for fancy coilovers!

1.2 Dynamique
great driving, would love to do something like that.
this might be a dumb question but whats that vertical black thing to the left of the front reg plate?

Nice - does look tight in places - how did you fair in your class ?

I came first in class. Not saying too much as there was just the R5 turbo there, but I did take 7 seconds out of his record on my first ever run upthe hill! I was pretty surprised at that!

That was brilliant. The words "balls of steel" come to mind lol. Has that car had any mods mate?

cheers
toon

Cheers, No, no mods really. Bar from the brakes the car is totally stock.

not far from my house i was going to pop up and watch too!!

pretty tight isnt it! u seem to be a pretty good driver though!

looks standard suspension wise too which shows just how good it is and how there is no need for fancy coilovers!

I have driven a few fwds so far and the Clio seems very good. Not much needs touched. As it is my road car everything stays stock really, obviously it would be quicker with suspension mods and weight loss but my mk1 golf racer is where I am doing that stuff. I need it to be about 4 seconds quicker up there than the Clio, which I hope it will be.

Ali's a spot on driver. Done a good few sprints and climbs of recent!

Haha man, not too many. I only have done Fintray this year. Not done any since third year of Uni as had no money! :(

left my comment on youtube lol

Cheers man, I saw that, thanks.

Bet you breathed in a few times going up there

I think my asshole twitched a few time going up there! :eek:

great driving, would love to do something like that.
this might be a dumb question but whats that vertical black thing to the left of the front reg plate?

Cheers. It is a 'timing strut' Just a piece of alu with a bracket. From when the green light goes on, you have something like 20 secs to dump the clutch and break the infa red beam which starts the clock. When you cross the line the timing strut breaks another beam which then stops the clock.

Thanks for all the other comments by the way, much appreciated! :D

Did not think the vid would generate this much interest!

FF Blackgold 182
Amazing piece of driving! Fair play. That course is so narrow by the looks of it. Nuts! :approve:

black ph2 172
good video and really good driving you really show what you can do in a clio when there in the right hands. legend:)

^^^

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated! :cool:

Hopefully I will be able to post a even better vid in the Mk1 up Doune once it's built.

Cheers, Ali

White APE
You got balls mate.

Awesome bit of driving on what looked liked a challenging tight bit of road!