ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 197

cock mobile.
Picked her up Saturday, overall quite impressed, not a DC5 but a good car none the less.

pass.jpg

driver.jpg

Golf GTI Ed30
About the best pics of a Black CTR i've ever seen.. Wish my one come up like that.. lol

Ah... 1000 posts for me!! lol

Turbos.
Well...ok then.

They don't do anything for me, they're bland and i really do hate those optional foglights, an obvious afterthought by Honda there. They look pretty good when decked but standard they just look like mini-MPVs.

cock mobile.
Well...ok then.

They don't do anything for me, they're bland and i really do hate those optional foglights, an obvious afterthought by Honda there. They look pretty good when decked but standard they just look like mini-MPVs.

PMSL, that's more like it.

I would have said the exact same things when I had my clio, but after owning a Honda there's a lot to like about this car.

Cheers for the comments though ;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Enjoy mate. It looks stunning.

Personally I think they handle a lot better than most people give them credit. You adjust to the steering feeling quite quickly. Rear end grip is amazing and it doesnt get ubsettled on bumps like the clio.

cock mobile.
Enjoy mate. It looks stunning.

Personally I think they handle a lot better than most people give them credit. You adjust to the steering feeling quite quickly. Rear end grip is amazing and it doesnt get ubsettled on bumps like the clio.

That's what spykee was saying, he's had one. I'm was just use to planting my foot in every corner before hand though, which I just cannot do in the CTR, but like you say I just need to adjust my driving style too, it does handle well, but I'm afraid to push it hard at the moment because I cannot really feel it, if that makes sense.

Spykee also warned me that the rear end is either gripping like mad, or it just lets go, there's no real feel of it getting light etc.

Cheers tommy.

Nice people carrier shame it only carries 4 people and corners like a greased pig...

Old sh**y Colt goes around corner
Hovis bread van totals! :eek:

Pic of the result!

P0330_084722.jpg

On a serious note get use to the car before you start chucking it about (especially in this weather), CTR's have a tendancy to not let you know whats happening with the wheels until its too late!

SLK 350
First question would be, why did you buy a CTR?

The only more common hatch I see about is the MCS. My old man had one of these when they were first launched, turned plenty of heads back then, best part about them is the gear stick placement, and the seats. Oh and it drank about 1L of oil every 800/1,000 miles!

MKIII 138
and a victim of keying usually also ^ :(

surley the one thing you need in a hothatch is feel ? power, torque, breaks sure there a part of it but the essence of a hothatch is intimate feedback.

SLK 350
Reliable, engine wise yes, you'll do well to blow it as long as you keep it well oiled. That said my dad's Prelude 2.2 managed to stick a rod through the block on a motorway, cost him £2,500 to get a new engine sent over from Jap land. But they are prone to a number of mechanical faults.

They're well priced now though, but they're just too common, and the electric steering is woeful, could be driving on tarmac, or on and icerink and you wouldn't find out until you went to corner.

Looks well kept though Sheen, just more a sideways step than a forward one.

cock mobile.
and a victim of keying usually also ^ :(

surley the one thing you need in a hothatch is feel ? power, torque, breaks sure there a part of it but the essence of a hothatch is intimate feedback.

The feedback isn't the best, don't get confused though, it's still very good, much much better than a lot of other cars out there, but not quite the DC5.

Also this way when I drive home I don't want to have to replace the gear box. :)

cock mobile.
Reliable, engine wise yes, you'll do well to blow it as long as you keep it well oiled. That said my dad's Prelude 2.2 managed to stick a rod through the block on a motorway, cost him £2,500 to get a new engine sent over from Jap land. But they are prone to a number of mechanical faults.

They're well priced now though, but they're just too common, and the electric steering is woeful, could be driving on tarmac, or on and icerink and you wouldn't find out until you went to corner.

Looks well kept though Sheen, just more a sideways step than a forward one.

It's a step down, a bloody large step down imo mate :(:(:(:(:(

Turbos.
Yeah mate, ITR is much nicer! I bet that made you feel better...

You can get some ITR front wishbones and you will have the same suspension at least.

Golf R
car looking smart matey but i bet it's no longer looking that gleaming ;)

off topic - i've got that polish for you, i'll bring it to the next meet!

cock mobile.
car looking smart matey but i bet it's no longer looking that gleaming ;)

off topic - i've got that polish for you, i'll bring it to the next meet!

lol, no certainly isn't.

Goes in for a service tomorrow, I'm actually liking it more everytime I drive it :)

MK meet soon hopefully!

cock mobile.
nice car and all but do people really prefer this to your teg????

Yer, most do, but they aren't car geeks like me lol.

They just think it's better looking because white is awful (losers) and much more comfortable (fools). lol.