ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 197

Nimbus 197
As a newbie just thought I'd post some pictures of my motor as seems to be the done thing:

Clio1971Small.gif

Clio1972Small.gif

Clio1978Small.gif

Clio1977Small.gif

Clio1973Small.gif

SLK 350
Everytime i see picstures of one, I just can't help but think 4x4, they need dropping so badly imo.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
there was a racing blue one parked in my office car park yesterday, looked really nice, but I still prefer to have my 225.

not for me. Looks pedestrian - see note 4.

4.lacking in vitality, imagination, distinction, etc.; commonplace; prosaic or dull:

not for me. Looks pedestrian - see note 4.

4.lacking in vitality, imagination, distinction, etc.; commonplace; prosaic or dull:

Fair enough - I like it and that is all that bothers me.

And so it should be, i dont hate them, just prefer the more agressive MK2.

Just think the look a bit dull but dont take offence, just my opinion. If i change mine to another Reno i'd have to go with a Megane Sport.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i actually really like the look of them, it's just a shame it doesn't move the performance game on from the 182.

...hence me buying the older car.

very nice indeed though mate

Nimbus 197
Fair enough - I like it and that is all that bothers me.

And so it should be, i dont hate them, just prefer the more agressive MK2.

Just think the look a bit dull but dont take offence, just my opinion. If i change mine to another Reno i'd have to go with a Megane Sport.

It is pretty different to the 172/182. I am only on 550ish miles so still waiting for it to loosen up and I agree, it doesn look very different.

Megane Sport is the next stop for me, give it 2, maybe 3 years at a push.

Turbos.
Looks great! I'm just wondering if silver makes it look a bit too subtle though.

Would look awesome lowered and with the Turinis as with the R3 model.

197nimbus.jpg

Nimbus 197
Welcome mate; car looks ace! How does it compare to your former 182 in your opinion?

Tys.

In many ways it is a better car but it no way as raw as the 182. I love the fact it is very solid and modern. The power delivery is different too. It doesn't really get going until 5,000 rpm whereas with the 182, although similar, it was quicker to get to that rpm - if you see what I mean?? I am hoping that will change when it loosens up.

I bought the 182 with 9k on the clock and it wasn't in the condition I wanted. Don't get me wrong, it was almost perfect but as I said, "almost". When someone gave it a whack the other week I thought the time was right to chop it in, esp as just about to come out of warranty and needed a few bits doing to it.

SLK 350
If they release a car resembling the R3 model that Bert posted up, I'd have a closer look at them. But they just look like theres a piece missing from the jigsaw.

Needs lowering, and a spoiler to complete the look imo.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks too subtle imo, doesnt stand out very much and i just cant get over how BIG it is.