ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 3 figured stop-gap

TTRS & V50
Sold my clio in october last year and ever since I've been looking for a EP3 type-r. Christmas came and car market slowed to a stop. Lost out on a few motors by a matter of hours and the prices seem to fluctuate all over the place.

It now got to february and I've never been this long without a car, luckily I get to use the works courtesy cars but still want my own.

I'll probably wait till I graduate from Uni in June until I get an EP3, so I managed to scoop this up for under 4 figures to get me by.

It's by no means pretty but my mileage is astronomical at the moment so it will do the job - although fuel consumption could have been better, beggars can't be chooses though.

You'll have to guess it first..

DSC_0533_detail.jpg

DSC_0529_detail.jpg

DSC_0530_detail.jpg

DSC_0537_detail.jpg

Arctic Blue FF 182
Well you say about fuel efficiency isn't great so guess would be a 1.8T, but I don't know if they are sub grand. So possible 2.0GTI?

TTRS & V50
Exactly. Mot till october. Just had cambelt and waterpump.

Just had, get this, £500 on tyres for the MOT !!

Although I'm going to get some original alloys for it ASAP, these are a bit 'chav'.

Probably split the these tyres and alloys and then make the money for the 'montreal' (OEM alloys) plus extra cash.

TTRS & V50
Cheers all.

Oh, so so heavy, but this isn't a twisties car, just for charging up and down the M1 really.

I've looked at maps, but it's just a stop-gap, so want to get some money back on the wheels, keep it tidy and sell it in a few months.

Arctic Blue FF 182
Out of interest, is it cable throttle or fly by wire? Trying to work out which cars have which of the 1.8T varieties! (Should be putting one in my mk1 Golf)

120d M Sport
My mate had a couple, I was largely unimpressed. For the money though, that ain't bad.

Had a ride in your old 172 last weekend lol, pretty tidy.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great buy for that price mate. Even if you ran it into the ground! Nice.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Older 1.8t's are cable up to 2001/02 with a K03 turbo and later Dbw cars have a k03s.

All of the 225's are dbw

TTRS & V50
Cheers, definitely a no brainer to buy. Was looking on ebay and non-runners are fetching 1 grand, so if it went pop it's all good.

The wheels are 17inch RS4 Nouvolari style wheels.

Look a bit silly in real life to be honest.