ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My altenator is fcuked

For the past couple of weeks my alternator has been getting louder and louder, sounds a bit like a turbo. I have the car under warrenty which covers it, but what pisses me off is why the hell am i replacing it after 24k. Only a month ago i had to fit a stainless steel exhaust cuz the standard one broke off at the back box, that cost £280. The warrenty i took out 3 weeks ago from renault cost £200. Apart from this 2 items ive had to replace nothing else has went wrong with the car but i think this just shows the Quality of Renaults is still not nearly as good as should be. What do you all think?????????

Skoda Fabia vRS

i agree, there are far too many problems discussed on this forum with new cars, the build quality just doesnt seem to be anywhere near good, an thats even for French standards !

Renault Laguna Coupe

You think thats bad? The alternator just went on our Megane after 18,000 miles!!! Theyre not cheap either...

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Lets look at this is perspective, This is a forum where you post Troubles so yes it would appear on first glance that Clios are plagued with troubles but with the whole picture in view this site probably counts for less than 1% of renault sold world wide and I bet many many of them have had no problems.

But agreed French build quality isnt up with the rest of them.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Fair point. I suppose I could have added that the alternator is the ONLY thing thats gone wrong with the Megane in 18,000 miles. Nothings gone wrong with my 172 in 12,000 either (famous last words).

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Lets just get things in perspective.

There are over 15000 different components making up the average car.

1 failure out of 15000 is quite a low failure rate.

Enough said, but I do sympathise when things go wrong.

Why do you think manufactures are now offering 3 year warranties.

How much more do you want!

Cars are becoming more complex by the minute, things do go wrong, its life.

How often does your PC crash? Do you rush back to PCWORLD or Currys everytime?

No, I didnt think you did!

Replies welcome!!!

Bob

ff 182

Ive just had a new 1 put on mine for £136 plus labour which aint 2 had apart from my bearings keep on going.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by BobRTE on 29 November 2002

How often does your PC crash? Do you rush back to PCWORLD or Currys everytime?
My linux box that I specd built and setup myself has NEVER crashed :D longest uptime without reboot was 4 months.. and thats only cause i wanted to reboot it to add a new hard drive..

My winblows box crashes all the time, unfortunatly there aint a linux version on windows media streaming server.