ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My attempt to turn my 182 into a track car/road car

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Hi all
After a trip to nurburgring last may in a e39 m5 and doing a reasnable time off 9:30 laps 5 up and being over taken in a clio track car like as if i was standing still it made me think about turnin my 182 into a track weapon.
here is a image off me in the m5
6dee34be.jpg

This is the story so far when i came back i was still using it for 2 months untill i bought a 306 dturbo as a work horse so the project began from a standard 182.
here is the car when i had it
095927aa.jpg

74360035.jpg

After stripping the complete interior bar dash and selling it along with the wheels i then began searching for bits. In the process off getting the bits i prepped the interior ready so hammerite'd the front foot wells welded motorsport harness brakets and seat runners then began spraying the interior black
so here we go the bits i bought
1) Inovit wheels 17" fitted them with yokohama prada spec2
2) 4pot 330mm hi spec grooved brakes and braded hoses front and rear and grooved rear disks
3) Clio cup racer suspension customised to fit cup packed hubs including top mounts and omp harness bar
4) Whiteline rear anti roll bar
5) Full janspeed exhaust
6) 2x cobra evolution seats 1 normal and 1 gt stripped and resprayed white
7) Flocked top dash,a pillars,steering cowl
8) Trs 4 point harnesses
9) Omp super quadro steering wheel and hub kit
10) Carbon fibre door cards front and rear
11) Ktr Bolt in roll cage stripped and painted white
12) Short shifter kit
13) Clio cup racer door handle spacers

BG182®
You should start this in ''project threads'' mate. Would make a good read to follow.

Also, why the choice for 17'' alloys? I would of thought 15's or 16's would of been superior over 17's?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Can mod please delete pressed enter by mistake i still have other things to upload :(

M3, Cup racer'd 182
You should start this in ''project threads'' mate. Would make a good read to follow.

Also, why the choice for 17'' alloys? I would of thought 15's or 16's would of been superior over 17's?

330mm 4pot brakes cant fit under 16" or 15"

Fiesta ST-3
Massive area for debate on the wheels, most people prefer 15's for track... others say it doesn't make a difference. Fair play on the huge brakes!