ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My attempty at my headlights..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
So i got bored yesterday and decided that the headlights on my car were totally ruining the front end (Aswell as the front bumper and bonnet but they can wait ;)) So i set out with some 1500 wet and dry and some 2500 wet and dry, also T-cut and some polish oh and some elbow grease! Took mayb an hour and a half each side but was totally worth it imo.. only got one before pic as i never thought about it :eek:

Before:
IMG_0475.gif

After:
IMG_0476.gif

IMG_0477.gif

Tunst.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Nice one! mine are just starting to go bleh again - might have a crack on them.

WANTED: RB 182
That looks a million times better!!

Pardon my retardation but what actually was all that crud yourlight was coverd in in the first place?!

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
I noticed my lights like that today when i was fitting my new bulbs , is the shite on the inside or the outside ?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My Bora was like that. I did pretty well and sorting them and then decided to buy new. My new ones are now clouding..haha

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Where did you get 2500 paper mate? I can't seem to find it anywhere local?

I got it from halfords

Its UV damage IIRC. Its on the outside of the lens.

Good turnout mate. I've also heard toothpaste is just as good.

Never tried tooth paste lol, its good for getting scratches out of CD's though :ras:

My Bora was like that. I did pretty well and sorting them and then decided to buy new. My new ones are now clouding..haha

That was my plan then i rang renault and they said they were £235 per light o_O

clio campus sport
what polish did you use out off interest pal or even better is there a guide off what products and what to do

Last edited:
  1.4 sport
goood work pal.. looks sweet... did u take um off when u did it ?...is it on the inside or outside ??:approve:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
what polish did you use out off interest pal or even better is there a guide off what products and what to do

No idea what polish it was i just found it in the garage lol.

Im sure there is a guide on here about how to do it, if not im doing my dads mates focus' headlights soon so i can write one up

goood work pal.. looks sweet... did u take um off when u did it ?...is it on the inside or outside ??:approve:

Nope just left them on, alot easier and its on the outside.

Fiesta ST-3
Great job mate, one of the simplest and easiest jobs that's make hell of a difference to be done tbh.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Great job mate, one of the simplest and easiest jobs that's make hell of a difference to be done tbh.

Massive difference great work mate :)

well done fella looks mint !!!!

Cheers guys

Really good results mate. I'm doing the one's I bought of you tomorrow :)

Good Luck :) btw i counted that money when i got to the car there was only £130 lol

Epic result!! :cool: Did you wet sand them with the wet and dry?

I did mate yeah

Quality result that. Mine have gone horrible need too do this.

Get it done, makes the front look much better..

Clio Sport 172
Good job mate going to try my ones on my next day off will put pics up when done mine are 50 times worse Then yours :(

Clio Sport 172
hello there mate i gave it a go by hand looks lots better but no where near a good as yours dont no how you did it ? took me like 3h but the right light was realy bad and the top is still a little bad.

how did you get the light so clear? i used wet n dry 800 , 1500 , 2000 , 2500 as my ones was real bad then used scratch x.
img1173d.jpgimg1174ry.jpgimg1175su.jpg img1177oj.jpgimg1179a.jpg

p.s sorry to jack you post :)

Attachments

• img1174kh.th.jpg
    img1174kh.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 124