ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My back box just fell off!

2001 Clio 172
Hey guys.

Was waiting in traffic on way home and saw the guy behind me get out of his car and i was thinking "oh jesus what does this nutter want".

He then told me that my back box was an inch off the floor! I drove home as safely as possible and 100 yards away from my flat the box dropped off :(.

Absolutely gutted! I duno whether to replace it with a new standard one or whether to buy a new aftermarket one. I really could do with a diesel car so duno how long i'll have the 172 so unsure whether to fork out more money than necessary.

Anyone got any ideas or even exhausts for sale? Would really need to be in the north east.

Cheers people!

Mk5 golf gti
go for a stainless system
as the standard wones are terrible in quality
i have a mongoose exhaust with decat for 120 lol
but it wont be available till maybe next week
but yea dont bother with standard
waste of time imo

182 Cup Inferno
oh my god gutted. mine neary went because of all the speed bumps at work but luckily the garage fixed it in time...

hope you get it sorted

2001 Clio 172
I wont even be able to wait for a new one though surely? Cant drive around without a back box as its so loud it will attract the wrong kind of attention?!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I wont even be able to wait for a new one though surely? Cant drive around without a back box as its so loud it will attract the wrong kind of attention?!

IIRC a new back-box from Renault will set you back £100.

f**k driving around without a back-box, It's also a offence.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

I drove round without one for 2 weeks while I waited for them to fit me in for a new stainless. Be warned, just don't go over 3000 rpm or your ears will start bleeding lol.

2001 Clio 172
To be honest i think im gona need something sooner, probs gona have to try and get some replacement tomorrow.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Is it just the back box? You'll need to check the middle section too as mine got damaged when my exhaust fell off.

2001 Clio 172
Yea i was expecting it to happen at some point. Just now it leaves me with very little time to get a good replacement! :(

As long as you keep the revs below say 3k when driving about you should be able to avoid the police until you get a replacement.

2001 Clio 172
Hmmmm i duno what to do. I like the K-tec recessed one but £350-380 is a bit more than i wana pay really!

BMW E92/Audi S3
Minimise how much you use it dude. As JCC said, you have to stay quiet as Police don't like the lack of backboxes ;)
I don't have one at all though..

2001 Clio 172
Im at work the next 2 days and have a full day on thurs! I know a custom exhaust place about 10miles from me, wonder how quick they could fit me in.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just make sure if you go for standard stuff you go for GENUINE standard stuff ive saw a few horror's that quickfit etc have done with cars lossing about 60bhp!