ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My (bad) York RWYB times...

williams and trophy

wot u fancy apart from a v6

IMHO altho u sumtimes dont like my opinion lol

if i had 20 odd grand to spend on a car id be gettin me a mitsi hehe

Good to be able to put names to faces, Good turn out for the Clios, must have been more than any other group.

Anyway, Ran 14.6 all day, lost 1 mph Terminal and 0.1 ET, but happy, timing at YorK is spot on, in my opnion, pardon, did somebody mention Nitrous? Sorry must be hearing things....To be continued.

Tim O

after all the happy punters talk...;).........

so, ALL timing equipment has problems eh - stuff in the wrong columns etc... ??? lmao..

dehydrated water anyone ???... ecotec ???....

or, maybe more to do with getting as many of the unsuspecting public through as quickly and as profitably as possible with the minimum care and effort...

so.. nope.. the timing is OBVIOUSLY not spot on....

:D

Youve made your point Slarty.

Dont know about the rest of you but I had a great day out with lots of top lads (and lasses!).

Oh Slarty, how was your Yorkshire pudd and roast? And did anything kick off in the Eastenders Omnibus.. we missed it.

Slarty, get your arse down to York then and you can see for yourself on the strip ! Jeeeeeeeeeeez-arse !

Totally agree with Matt.

the pud was marvelous m8 ;)

I am sure it was a great day out, fun, informal, and a great meet up... but if the oblect is to provide accurate timing, then it failed.. if you are not fussed re accurate timing, then it was probably a marvelous day out..

it would appear a couple of bods further up the thread see this as a slur on their manhood lol.. its not..

it is simply that the times need to be accurate if one is to quote fastest xyz in the uk etc... (albeit in a straight line only)...:)

Its amazing how human nature can selectively ignore problems when things seem in their favour..

there is, as said, OBVIOUSLY an issue with the 13.2xx time, so one would be prudent to presume that, until proven otherwise, the other times are equally supspect.

you can be confident of the times IF york provide a sensible explanation to the problems encountered.

thats a good time so I am quoting that one attitude is great as bar room chat.. but needs to be accurately verified. a 14.5 could be a 15.5 or a 16.5 etc.. who knows.. ??.

;)

blah blah blah !

The 13.2 came just as the computers went down so yes there was a problem with THAT time but when a car is running the same times like TimO172 was doing then how accurate do you want it ? Any system in any walk of life will have a problem now and again. I suppose you standing there with a stopwatch would have done better ? This straight line racing as you call it does not interest you so why bother posting and pissing a lot of people off ? Seems to be a running trend at the moment and it is not right.

I personally dont think you can sl*g something off that you were not there to witness for yourself without knowing all of the facts, etc.

Hopefully this thread will go back to being about the great day that was had by ALL.

Anyways - Im sure those that were there the night b4 will join me in saying a Big Thanks to Ivan for arranging the meal.

Nice one mate and I think it was enjoyed by all.

I have some questions for the sub 15 second guys regarding their timing slips - but Ill wait till I get home cause I dont have mine with me!

Rich

Alright des or is that fez or Rich ? ha ha !
;)

Yeah, I will join you even tho I was not at the meal, Ivan is a top bloke but is not very good at putting on Cliosport.net stickers ! ha ha ! Just kidding Ivan mate !

des, looked at the times and it seems I beat you by 0.008 secs ! How close !?!??!?!?! I got 15.604 and you got 15.612 ? Happy with your times ?

Mr Daipac... :)

who says the straight line racing does not interest me.. it does...

if my comments piss a lot of people off as you say, then so be it.. its not a popularity contest dood....

if the computers went down at that instant, then why did york not KNOW the slip was wrong ??.....

the thread was about the wrong time, not your apparantly misguided belief that you are being sl*gged off......

and, what are these FACTS that you elude to ??

the only facts as you dubiously call them, are that the timing equipment was shown to be grossly innacurate. Who are you to say that the other times were accurate ??.

unless you are basing your trust on the fact that it suited you at the time... ?.

If York had said at the time that the slip was totally wrong, then kewl, but apparantly they didnt, so how many more are accurate ?. A simple check with york to explain the mishap(s) would go a long way to sorting it.. until then, its subject to scrutiny.......

Have fun...

Joe.

dood, kewl ? why not chuck a few cowabungas in there ?

I never said you were sl*gging me off, I said you were sl*gging off the system and you were not there to see it and witness it.

Mr Daipac ? Dont patronise me !

Also, I know it is not a populartity contest, just some common decency and tact would not go amiss tho.

Trophy

CHILL!!!

Back to the times.

I didnt beat my best although that was set at a different strip.

Ran constant 15.0 and 15.1s with the standard airbox and K&N replacement element and ran constant 14.9s with the K&N 57i

Slips are in the car which is at HP so no more details are available!

Mat.

Mr Daipac.. sorry if you take offense at the title... cowabunga even.... (if that makes you happier ?)

at least you now realise that, yes indeed, I am sl*gging off the system (as you call it). if that makes you unhappy, then so be it... I have no control over your personal wellbeing and inner happiness.

glad we got that sorted....;)

so, the only thing left is the innacuracy of said system and a method to determine accuracy of other times achieved or recorded other that it felt right or seemed about right.. I am not saying all other times WERE incorrect, just that you dont know, and until york offer an explanation then it will remain that way. You, as always, are perfectly entitled to think as you wish and believe what you wish, thats kewl.... (and cowabunga again if u like ?)

Yours Sincerely etc (for the common decency bit)

Joe.

Daipac - Yes you beat me! Me happy hmm not sure - although my friends tell me Im allways smiling. :D

But I cant help feeling somthing is wrong somewhere. Whether its me or the car - my times should be quicker!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Id better chime in here to add my thanks for Ivans organisation - superb weekend mate!

Everything went well and we got plenty of runs in despite the strip being so busy. For the record, (dont want to get into the above debate) my times were 15.487 @ 88.89mph vs Roamer, 15.750 @ 87.41mph vs a Supra GT4, and 15.801 @ 88.71mph vs a Rover 220 turbo. I was sharing the car with Val so didnt get many runs but the timings all seem pretty consistent. The big dilemma for me was whether to change into 4th or just let the thing bounce off the limiter in 3rd for the last 50 yards. Im still not sure I completely understand how those lights work, but its far more fun than I would ever have imagined!

williams and trophy

dunno desmondo mate but ask cpt slarty cos with ur bhp and hell know the weight hell be able to use his theory to tell you xactly how fast they are etc.

im sure hes more precise than the digital timing equipment that they use....or so it seems

cheers

jon

Slarty, not even going to bother commenting on your post, you have nothing to say which interests me.

"im sure hes more precise than the digital timing equipment that they use....or so it seems" - LMAO @ 2 live !

desmondo, it is human error I think. Be interesting to see what times we would be getting with no spare and rear seats ? The thing I like about it is that there is room for improvement, all part of the fun, will beat it next time !

Renault Laguna Coupe

Matt you beat me you git :devilish:!! I had about half a tank of fuel, and Vals shopping (including a case of claret!!) in the boot! But I did leave the spare wheel at home, and Stu was a hero for looking after our weekend case.

Also on my first (and fastest) run I forgot to turn the air-con off :confused: So I reckon with a bit more practice and no shopping 15 dead would be feasible. Can someone please bring a caravan next time so we can store all our junk???

Has to be said you guys really made me jealous!

I was in the black Supercharged Saxo VTR, and it was really good to see you guys out enjoying yourselves on the strip as a club. Most of the Saxos there just sat in the parking area looking at their big alloys and bodykits, but hey each to their own.

Great day though... really pleased with my 14.7s run, not bad considering Id never taken my car up the strip before, and I had 3/4 of a tank of juice and my 12" sub and camping gear in the boot!

williams and trophy

fukkin ell slarty i could walk the 1/4 mile in under 2 minutes lol

glad u not timing me lol

and i reckon we get a non-running person to film all the races for the day......

and a few disposable bbqs wud seem to be a good idea.

cheers

jon

williams and trophy

14.7 thats a fukkn gud run there mate.like u said shame more of the saxos were more intrested in polishin summat than racin summat lol

jon

:) lol Jon.. i refer not to 2 mins as a factor............

simply that a stopped clock is correct twice a day, one that is out, is out all the time.....

perhaps a 1/4 mile walk is in order then ????????????...

and, Mr Sax, could you post some piccies of the engine bay of the Saxo.. ?? (the thought police require it in the exterier mods forum).. also, a write up of the work you have had done ??.. would be very interested.

Joe.

HardcoreSax, I was in the black 172 that you ran against, I thought I had you mate, missed a gear just before the end but it seems you ran a bad time against me anyway if you got 14.7, good time that is ! What other mods you got ? Also, it is good to see a non-Clio owner who isnt talking trash, good on you mate ! You are right about doing this thing as a club, it is good to share it with people you have been talking to on the boards ! I dont think anyone would of minded you coming over to chat, would have been good to have seen under that bonnet of yours !
;)

You obviously found this site via all the stickers and flyers ?

2 live, great idea about BBQs, get a cool box with burgers and stuff and that would be great ! What do people think of that idea ?

Gotta run without the spare and low fuel next time !

Sooooooo..... when we going next then troops ?

williams and trophy

daipac mate . cant believe i never thought of it before lol

was a ll the burgers cookin on a bar b smells there yest that made me think lol

i think we gotta sort this out tho...........which venue are we gunna be using next year?????

if u like nicer surroundings , but arent really that bothered about gettin the runs in i suggest we use pod lol

if we wanna get some serious runs in then i think york will be the spot......

maybe next year if we use york get a few tents up n camp over sat nite.get the beers out n not have to worry bout drivin anywhere day after, xept down the strip lol

cheers

jon

williams and trophy

he he unfortunately not for me mate

driving down south and back once a week is enuff for me lol

15 dead - wot we feckin about at then?

Jon - I reckon that would be sound. Tents and Beers/BBQs the works. Stuff your kit in the tent for the day and have an empty car. Also saves searching for a B&B the night before.

Hell we could even have a camp fire.

Whens the first York RWYB next year then?

Daipac> I made a bit of a fluff of that run... Bad start and then once I passed you my quickshift thingy came loose and the gear stick fell through the bottom of the car and started clattering around on the heatshield... So I backed off.

Ill post some pics and specs up when Ive got a bit more time...

Cheers for the interest guys!

2 live mate, I think I am the furthest away but I liked York I have to admit. Not beed to the Pod and it is closer but I have no idea what it is like. I am well up for a tent/BBQ/Beer night the night before, well up for that ! Be much cheaper and I wont have to leave at 5:30am to get there on time ! LOL !

We need to see when the next York RWYB day is then but if people are going to go to Pod sometime soon then I am up for it ! Will also have a few mates who would be interested, one of whom has a 106 GTi.

HardcoreSax, I thought you had messed it up, I could see the way you finished that you backed off, that sounds like a painful thing to go wrong tho, hope there was not too much damage !

Let us know the spec and some pics would be great.

Dai

Just checked the http://www.santapod.comSanta Pod website and they have the following dates for RWYB days : Oct 13, Oct 20, Nov 3. Anybody fancy going on any of these dates ? November 3rd may be the best date if people are interested ? All these dates are Sundays.

What is SP like compared to York then ? I know they display the times up on the finish line straighaway so it looks good but how is it run, etc. ?

As for York, the times for each driver from yesterday can now be seen on their website, take a look http://yorkdragway.intrica.co.uk/results.pl?date=2002-10-06;catagory=Xhere and just choose your race number !

Does not say when the next RWYB is tho !

I wanna go 1/4 miling again soon !

I have footage of several of our runs.. definately have rhys run against the TT. Got one of Richs, think I got Mike, matt and Nick too. Will go through it all tonight :)