ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My (bad) York RWYB times...

Would be well chuffed if you have, can you PM me if you find out that I am on there mate ?

Will send the video off to you tomorrow, I will buy a new one just in case I send you one from my p**n..... uhhhh, I mean wildlife collection !
;)

How much footage did you get by the way ?

Dai - Ill go to Santapod next weekend if youre up for it. Pissed off with most ( ;-) ) of my times and I was just too relaxed off the line. Kept forgetting I was supposed to be racing.

Regarding my 13.2 recorded time - if everyone else is 100% that their results must be valid, then Im happy to conclude that mine must be as well. Hooray! Until proven otherwise, I have the fastest 172 IN THE WORLD! Jas - expect my slip in the post soon.....!!!!!

Rhys

Rhys, yep, go for it, thats the rulez m8 !!. - York obviously think its correct lol.

and congrats on the fastest EVER 172... :devilish: ...... for now.........

Joe.. hee hee hee hee.. love it m8 !.

to all the doubters and cries of computer crash etc... LMFAO !!.. the timing system is obviously bolloxed... I love the reaction time Rhys ??.. were u asleep ???

even after the poor 60 foot time, you made a cracking recovery as the rocket assist fired.. wow !!!. ...

Run Time
Catagory
Dialin
Reaction
60 Foot
1/8 ET
1/8 MPH
1/4 ET
1/4 MPH

10:35:23
http://yorkdragway.intrica.co.uk/results.pl?date=2002-10-06;catagory=XU color=#0000ff RWYB CAR/U

10:46:38
http://yorkdragway.intrica.co.uk/results.pl?date=2002-10-06;catagory=XU color=#0000ff RWYB CAR/U

11:16:20

12:08:06

12:56:48

williams and trophy

he he if thats the rules i got a 10 second timeslip somewhere from when they crashed when i had my valver lol

ive got quite a few races on vid.....and i know ged did too. got me n nick me n mat me n a 172 and a few others racing each other 1 against a golf and a few others so if u want a vid copying let me know ill try get geds vid too so i can put em both on 1 tape

cheers

jon

mk2 172

he ,he jon regarding the BBQ i emailed that idea to nick last week;) and as for my times:-

14.8 twice

14.9 5 times

and and 15.0

with 3/4 tank of juice so i was well chuffed

had a very very good race with tim and he just pipped me, i got a good start and he overthrew me at the last hurdle but was chuffed cos his mota flies.

also was neck and neck with a cav that looked stupid but had cut slicks, 2.016v with throttle bodies, i got 14.92, he got 14.99 very close. i reckon i got a 14.7 in me too wit some better traction and less juice. and hardcore sax, im the guy from donny who was talking to you on SSC a while back. also had a race with a ZR 160 last nite in donny but thats a different story.....

craggy

rhys, I would love to go to Pod next week mate but I am skint now, I am up for going on November 3rd if people are interested ? Let us know on here or by PM anyway.

Jon, did you say you had a 172 against a Golf at York ? Was it a black 172 ? If so then that was me ! I would love a copy of it if it is me, can you let me know ?

Cheers.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

I would love to go to York but it is quite a way for me to go. Not quite as far as you Daipac.

How much is it?

It was £8.50 to get in and another £15 to run. Worth every last penny.

Dai - I get paid on Thursday, hence the enthusuiasm to get back on the strip. Besides, my times were so bad (mostly) that I can probably better them quite easily. The November date is also fine though.

Rhys

Santa Pod is off J15/16 of the M1 so it is just as far away for me as York it looks like ! I am not sure about other venues, obviously the closer the better for me.

greeper, I would recommend it without doubt, forget the travelling, the 172 makes that fun ! It took me 7 hours to get home yesterday because of traffic but it was all worth it, believe me !

rhys, if we can get enough interest then I am up for the November 3rd date at Santa Pod. Shall I post a thread on the meetings forum to see how much interest it gets ?

I am gagging to get back on track tho I have to admit, I know I can get low 15s, I know I can !

S2000

Rhys - If you are willing to travel to Santa pod at the weekend then you can come to the midlands meet, closer to you than Santa Pod.

I am not getting in on the acuaracy debate, but I have been to all run what you brung events this year at York Dragway, my results have been nothing but totally consitant, I ran 14.6something all day on Sunday, I agree that the 13 something run must have been bogus as the computer crashed a couple of times, anyway just thought I would have my two pennys worth

Tim O

PS Captain Slarty, not been reading all posts but when is your car going to be ready, Tim O

BMW 320d Sport

sounds like everyone had a great time and just like many people on this thread who were actually there on the day, Im fed up with having boring arguments about boring stuff.

Looks like everyones gonna be busy modding over the winter, ready to roll next season! Tim - I definitely gotta race you next time mate. Yours and mine are both doing consistent mid to high 14s (well I sneaked under the 14.5 mark but the range was roughly 14.5 to 14.8) so it would be a great head to head, especially as your 60ft times are a lot better than mine with that handy traction control. If I could manage your 2.1s instead of 2.5s Id be possibly into the late 13s?

Anyway, 100 shot of nitrous for you next time out, turbo or 2.0 for me and well see how we get on!

Jon - you got that video of our run online yet mate? I wanna see the flames!

Everyone - well done to all on a great day. Everyone I think posted good times and the main thing is, however you did compared to other Clios, its the progression you make thats important. If you hit mid 15s this time, try different techniques, launches, shift points, tyre pressures, ditching excess weight and fuel. The more of us get really into quarter miling, the more people will start to get serious with modding their cars over the winter and were not talking about fitting a new Poppy Coral air freshener!

And lastly Hardcore Sax, nice to hear from you, next time you see us come over and talk shop, I for one would have liked to see the blower and thats a bloody good time as well...would have been a good match between me and you I reckon.

BMW 320d Sport

BTW I wont be able to do another trip up North again this year, costs me too much, but I might do another Santa Pod or North Weald date in the next month or so, maybe even Avon Park? I havent been there for a while. In fact scratch Santa Pod unless everyone else wants to go for it. The place depresses me...you spend a whole Sunday and you get two runs if youre lucky. Then it rains.

Nick, I agree, it is all about the progression you make, I am going to get low 15s next time out I hope !

Sooooo, who is up for more 1/4 miling before the end of the year ? Where is the best place apart from York ?

Great stuff mat, I should be up for 3rd November as I will be paid by then. Have to see if we can get a few more people down there.

Fair enough des, all this travelling can get expensive ! I am tempted to come up to Donny to watch, want to see what it is like before I throw my hat in the ring !

Renault Laguna Coupe

Daipac if youre coming to Donington let me know first and Ill get you registered as a passenger. Its the only way youll get in anyway!!

BMW 320d Sport

Mat let me know if youre thinking of a trip to the Pod. I might be persuaded if Im not busy and Ive finished my mods. Im fitting a carbon airbox next week and will need to test it out so RWYB will be just the thing. I clocked the 14.48 at York and then hit the road cos I was pretty sure that it was about the best figure I was gonna get. I think I could have done a 14.3 with better starts, but I want to see if this airbox can make the difference and give me consistent low 14s. Well see.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Nick

Wish I had a teacher like you when I was at school!

I bet your pupils think you are a cool teacher having such a sporty car with loads of go-faster stuff on it :cool:

When I was at school my teachers had boring Volvos

Wayne - could probably make that. Ill look at the meetings section in a bit.

Nick - Im very much up for Santa Pod next weekend. I reckon once was enough to get me hooked and Im already stripping the car out :) I just need another 172 there so I can pair up with them down the strip. My best time was against another 172 as I found it so much easier with an almost identically powered car next to me to properly race. Otherwise I had no idea of how much traction I was getting (also had 32psi up front - DOH!!!)

Rhys

BMW 320d Sport

Sylvia - when I got into school on Monday, the kids were saying Mr Read, someones been doing graffiti all over your car! Then I realised that I had left my race number on the rear side window! Still nice to know that they were worried...

I let them read CCC and Autocar during silent reading sometimes as well. Had to confiscate a copy of Fast Car last year though.

Rhys - if I can get the filter sorted out by Saturday then I will try and make it. Otherwise in the next month or so.

williams and trophy

nick mate i reckon we get a full on cliosports meeting at york next year over a weekend in summer.... wot u reckon

hopefully by then the willy will finally have some mods to really giv it some grunt lol

after all it is still standard..............14.8 again on sun.......lookin for mid 13s next season if i can afford the mods maybe even quicker lol

cheers

jon

BMW 320d Sport

Jon - if your car is standard mate then its about as standard as Craggys is! I still reckon its got secret head and cam work! Anyway, I think everyone will be aiming for quicker times next year and working hard on the mods to achieve that over the winter...

A summer York meet sounds like a good idea mate. Be nice to get a few more of the northern boys (and girls) up there as well. What you planning to do in your quest for 13s? Im aiming at 13s as well and Ive got my ideas all worked out already, in order of cost!

BMW 320d Sport

Im thinking the same thing. Just emailed Weber about Alpha throttle bodies. Only thing is Ive got a lot to learn about tbs and carbs etc.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Great idea to do it again next summer. As soon as the 2003 fixtures come out we should choose a date and try to get as many cars as possible up there.

williams and trophy

nick mate .honest if the cars got mods..i dont know about em.

theres no reciepts for any work done on the head at all and ive got evry service and repair sheet and mot failure its ever had.

along with a few extra little bits (stickers and a few sales brochures etc)

so i reckon the only mods its ever had is what ive done i.e zorst n filter

if thats the case (and iv no reason to believe otherwise) then it goes to show what a long search will bring out........about 20 willy 1s went under my scrutiny before i bought mine.....and i honestly believe that it was the fastest 1 i drove and the tightest on the suspension .

like my old valver, that only had same mods (zorst filter) but it could mix it with the tuned valvers and dave is now getting the same kind of results in his...strong engines

maybe iv just been lucky but my 2 ventures into clio ownership have been kind to me and given me 2 fast cars as standard........so with mods it should give me 1 rapid car too i hope lol

cheers

jon