ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Gold 182

Black Gold Trophy
This how I bought the car in October 2007...
n509215723_2040752_644.jpg

Clio182012.jpg

Clio182003.jpg

My first mods were to fit an alpine headunit with an ipod adapter and an autoleads stalk adapater (that didn't work!)
I then bought some rainbow components and a genesis amplifier. I fitted the amp to a piece of mdf and trimmed it in some alcantara I had lying around from my last car, luckily it was a near on perfect match!
232.jpg

234.jpg

231.jpg

I then had a go at trimming the a-pillars in alcantara too...
238.jpg

239.jpg

244.jpg

245.jpg

246.jpg

I then did some parts of the dash...
DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

For some bizarre reason my car came with the cup rear spoiler, cup alloys and cup suspension but no front splitter.
I tried to negiotiate one out of renault when I bought it, but it wasnt happening! The two front wheels were also kerbed when I bought the car, but they wouldn't refurb them for me either.
So I went in and ordered a set of trophy alloys and a splitter and got them to give them to me at trade price :D

Fitted the splitter...
DSC00289.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

The tyres on the standard cup alloys were on their way out so I used them for a couple weeks before I put these babies on...
DSC00288.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

After forking out a fortune for the tyres I fittted the wheels and went for a bank holiday drive down to brighton with my mate who had just bought a 182.
n509215723_2982616_7415.jpg

n509215723_2982615_6883.jpg

n509215723_2982617_7894.jpg

Come MOT time the discs needed doing, I had previously said this to the dealer when I had noticed they were worn, but again renault found a way to wiggle their way out!
So I bit the bullet and bought some brembo plain cut discs as they were cheaper than OE ones.
DSC00302.jpg

I then got myself a K&N panel filter and removed the acoustic valve, didn't bother taking any pics.

Then I got a scorpian exhaust in the cliosport group buy...
DSC00350.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

Got a bit of knocking from the exhaust from a slightly worn bracket.. I wasnt going to pay renaults rip off prices for a new one, so ghetto fix for the win! Couple of cuts of hosepipe and some cable ties!
DSC00361.jpg

I then got hit by the detailing bug...
DSC00494.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

2 weeks after polishing, this is the paint looking dirty!
DSC00410.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

I recently fitted some streamline carbon foglight surrounds and some cup washer blanking plates.
I never liked the look of the headlamp washers and I never saw them really being beneficial, they just seem to put streaks down the bumper and wings!
I then painted the ones on my girlfriends cup for her and they looked spot on so I got myself a set and painted them black gold.
DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

Sorry about the sh*t pics but the weather is crap at the moment so its hard to make the car look good!

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
mint mate.washer covers nice idea how does the new exhaust sound?

E92 M3
hard to make the car look gud shut up man there cud b a 70 old woman liein across ya bonnet and this car would still look gud

its fukin lush

Black Gold Trophy
Top work mate...tho why have you no washer jets??

Cheers, I didnt like the look of them and they dont really 'wash' the headlamp, they just spray screenwash on them and make the car look even more dirty! lol!

Black Gold Trophy
mint mate.washer covers nice idea how does the new exhaust sound?

Compared to my last car it's fairly quiet, however my old car only had one silencer, this has three!
I would try and upload a video but they never come out very well.
I would say the scorpian is only slightly louder than the standard exhaust and a much deeper note.

Black Gold Trophy
top notch. Only suggestions now would be coilovers and 197 'renaultsport' badge!

where'd you get the cup blanking plates for the xenon washer jets?

Yeah I'm happy with the handling of the car, although I'd love to see it slammed, unfortunately it would defeat the purpose of me buying this car!
My last car was slammed to the deck and it looked great, handled great but was a b**ch when it came to speedbumps and was really uncomfortable over surreys pothole ridden roads!
Also I live in kingston upon thames during the week, which is covered in speedhumps and I'd hate to have to fork out another £130 for a splitter!
Undecided on the 197 renaultsport badge, although I'm not completely ruling it out... it might happen!

Got the cup blanking plates from renault, I did try and hunt around for a second hand set, but they are rare as rockinghorse sh*t and people know that renault charge loads for them so they charge only slightly less!

Clio 182 :)
"I never liked the look of the headlamp washers and I never saw them really being beneficial, they just seem to put streaks down the bumper and wings!
I then painted the ones on my girlfriends cup for her and they looked spot on so I got myself a set and painted them black gold."

Where did you get the cup washers ? iirc it costs a fortune at a dealer's ? right ?

E87 118d M Sport
is it not a requirement to have washers on the lights? cuz id like to take mine off if that isnt the case

Clio 182 :)
is it not a requirement to have washers on the lights? cuz id like to take mine off if that isnt the case

It is mandatory, because since you have xenon on the car, you have to have washers...
You will never ever see a car with factory xenon on it without washers !
Because the bulb produces no heat (so not melting snow if there's some on your headlights), and xenon headlights are supposed to be always clean, and you could dazzle the other drivers... well it's the law :rolleyes:

Still you can remove your washers, and put them back for MOT...

Black Gold Trophy
"I never liked the look of the headlamp washers and I never saw them really being beneficial, they just seem to put streaks down the bumper and wings!
I then painted the ones on my girlfriends cup for her and they looked spot on so I got myself a set and painted them black gold."

Where did you get the cup washers ? iirc it costs a fortune at a dealer's ? right ?

Yeah from the dealer mate

Black Gold Trophy

Yeah it is, but I'd like to see an MOT tester notice tbh! If they do I still have the washers that I can put back on in 15-20 mins ;)

In between cars....
Very smart mate, youd get away with a drop on some sport lines, would sit perfect ;)

Love the alcantara as well, you should do a guide :)

182kev

Yeah it is, but I'd like to see an MOT tester notice tbh! If they do I still have the washers that I can put back on in 15-20 mins ;)

They are not covered by mot as spoken to two mot testers one of which was through renault ;)

polo, here for lols
how hard is the trimming to do? might sound like a stupid question lol

edit: just seen the guide !!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Great effort, Jack. I love the look of the Trophy alloy on the BG 182's and your extra trimming on the dash bits looks really well!

Btw, 'missing front splitters' are alarmingly common from Reno. When Jain got her arctic blue 182 from new at Reno, it didn't come with it. Though they weren't arsey with it and managed to get one within a few days. Good to see Silvatecs/Silvervisions on there too. :)

D.

Black Gold Trophy
Cheers for the comments guys, the trimming isnt too bad providing you take your time, I wouldn't want to do any overly complicated bits like dashes or anything, but the bits I did were fairly easy.