ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My boring standard new Clio.

Oyster Card
Its a MK2 Phase 1.
Very "normal" looking, I got slated for lexus lights etc.. but atleast my old car had some charactor this is too sensible at the moment.

Going to put some clear side repeters on it I'm just after some other ideas, don't think I'll go with lexus lights on this car, am I right in thinking I can fit headlights and rear lights from a later clio which apparently looks a lot nicer than the current lights?

Going to put my wheels on it, they are scratched to f**k but anything is better than 165 - 65 - 13 stealies or whatever the size is.

Does anyone know if I can get away with 15" on the MK2 without lowering it, At the moment it looks so high I'm worried it might look s**t but I don't want to lower my car, not yet anyhow.

Going to order me a Cliosport external sticker and place it in lower left of the rear window, really pleased with the inside it's lush just had a proper vallet too.

Attachments

• media.jpeg
    media.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 70
  • media2.jpeg
    media2.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 58
  • media3.jpeg
    media3.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 72
  • media4.jpeg
    media4.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 63
  Lots of Alfas
Its a nice car, even 15s it would look too high, most clios this shape had way too high suspension. You can fit front optic lights and ph2 rear lights but you need to change the wiring round.

Glad to see another 5 door owner in the club.

Oyster Card
Lol it is isn't it, easy to remember plate though even I won't forget that.

Cheers, it is a sensible car practical with the 5 doors too.

Oyster Card
Yeah got some mates who work at a bodyshop so can get it done on the cheap I imagine that will make a world of diffrence.

Oyster Card
I know what you mean dave about them being high first thing I thought when I saw it in the flesh, such a smooth ride though but the french got a bit carried away with the old suspension.

Lots of Alfas
Heres an old pic of mine with 15s, without lowering

meclio003.gif

Save up and lower it 40mm and get some speedlines:

IMG_1189.jpg

Oyster Card
Does look mint lowered but I could live with the semi-4x4 look for a little while.
Color coded strips makes so much diffrence.

I also want to remove the Renault badge on the back, will keep the Clio one.
Does it leave holes - so much to do I'll still be here at next easter at this rate.

On a off note - what are speakers like to fit? I've got some front comps which were a 5 min job to fit on my mk1
Also I need to feed the power wire for the amp and wire the sub. and dare I saw it as I'll get slated by the anti 6x9 mob.. some 6x9's :D

Oh yeah got the old sunroof rattle - nothing better to make you feel at home in a Renault then something rattling.

Last edited:
  MKIII 138
ok, i have the worst image editing prog in the known world called image forge its freeware crap and im tired, my photoshop is knacked at the mo but ive have a quick tweak, i can do better but its an idea for you at least...

sitcliopic.gif

very very rough ideas

MKIII 138
davebem that looks cool, actually i now wish i hadnt spent 15mins fukin around with imageforge for the look you had ! lol

anyways i think MKI`s can be made to look cool easliy