ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car has been flooded :-(

devastated... got back from london last night, and wondered why the car was in the garage instead of on the drive...

:-(

/y0z

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 13 August 2004

devastated... got back from london last night, and wondered why the car was in the garage instead of on the drive...

/y0z
You didnt flood it with champagne, did you? :confused: ;)

no i bloody didnt

my car got into a spot of bother with my father driving it back from the station.

I drove it up there, and it was raining quite heavily. reads were wet, but not flooded, my father drove it back the same way 20 minutes later and the road was under about a foot of water.

a woman in front got stuck and he got out and pushed her tho it took about 10 minutes, in that time, the water level rose and flooded my car, fortunately he pushed it out with help from some bloke, and it started after about 5 minutes, but I now need to take the interior (whats left of it out to dry...

ARSE

UncleRogi - of course rain flooded, what did you think, swimming pool flooded ;-)

/y0z

stafford is really bad for floods, i got stuck on the sainsburys car park once in my AX, luckily i was was able to float out !

rsturbo and a xr3i

gutted for you must be horrible been flooded out like that ive just taken the whole of my interior out cause my sunroof has been leaking bad but didnt know it was the sunroof so stripped the whole car out to pin point the leak its a nightmare stripping the interior out im lucky i was putting a new interior in anyway wouldnt like to put the old carpet back in etc hope you get it sorted soon

Elise/VX220/R26

where the fook do you all live? here in Leeds weve had the worst rain I can ever remember and theres been only 1 local road closure!

just spent the whole day revoving the sodden carpets, the soggy noise insulation, the inch of water that was left behind...

arse.

/y0z

Sorry to hear that, would it be worth an insurance claim?

Do you have a dehumidifier that you can put inside to dry out the nooks and crannies?

I dont think so to be honest - i have 6 years NCD...

I plan to do that tomorrow with the machine, see what happens...

thanks for your concern Red.

/y0z

Renault Laguna Coupe

Good luck with it mate - at least were forecast a couple of dry days over the weekend. I did the same a few years ago with an alfa. It was all a bit of an arse but once Id got everything clean and replaced the bits that fell apart it was a lot better than it had been before the flood!

do you not think this was the first thing that was done fred!

i thought I was quite sensible leaving the roof liner in

:)

/y0z

Mini Cooper S sport

What a nightmare!

Hope it all dries out OK - should be nice and sunny over the weekend whichll help..

if you decide to put the carpets back in fella i would seriously consider wet vacing them first or youll probably find they smell musty and stink the car out. did this everythime a car drove through flood water at work. wet vac dry then replace will probably take a couple of days to dry completely

Skoda Fabia vRS

never let your dad drive your car !........

hope everythin works out ok in the end mate an its not too much trouble to sort out

my clio flooded frw my sunroof one night drivers side was inch of water it was 2days of constant heat befor it dryed up i pulled roof lying off and syliconed the whole edgeing of sunroof and no more wet roof or floor well chuffed

its reasonably ok, it just stalls at low revs where it didnt before.

is going in for a full check up this week. doesnt help me stalling 4 times trying to do 0-60 at donny tho

/y0z