ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Car is FINISHED !

Hi to all,

After a week my car is finished.
I have new cams, exhaust and chip.
All those modds are good for 28 HP.
My car had before as I sad 147,5 HP and after tuning it has now something over 175 HP. That is 28 HP more. And from 173 Nm before to 210 Nm now.
I think that is very good for what have they done!
I will test my car on another dyno next wheek, because I dont belive that my 172 had only 147,5 HP before tuning, and I will post you the results!
All that cost me 1.700 EUR !

wow, makes me wish that i was staying in europe, man...

would definitely have gotten the rs172 instead of the measly 1.4 16v...*sigh*

over here (singapore), the rs is about $119.5k on the road (including insurance) which is about 74,444EUR!!!

friggin getting raped...

kona
www.renaultcarclub.com

hmmm, yuo might want to be a bit sceptical on what they said it would give you or what the dyno showed, if you read my post in ** What is STD. 172 BHP @ WHEELS ?? ** then you might see there are many ways rolling road operators can tweek the computer to give much higher readings....and, besides there is no way to deternmin power at the crank.....period!

Next week, when I have enought time, I will drive to Austria and test the car on another dyno, because here in Slowenia we have only one company that has a dyno.
I will post the results later to see the difference!

DEJAN

Dejan,

What cams are u using now? Im looking to upgrade my cams but I cant seem to find a supplier who can ship it to me.

Are u using colombo & bariani cams?

Thanks.

What Chip have you had fitted? Is it a Dastek Unichip?

Did you have any head work done?
Ive heard people saying that it is difficult to do cam work on the 172 and the std. cams are good. Let us know what make and what they did to them?

Cheers,

Si

Hi,

I am using a 282° cams, I dont know from wich factory are they, but they come from Italy! The man who done this work has spend 4h to change the cams.
About the chip - the chip also come from Italy and he has complety rechiped the chip on dyno to get the most HP from the car. Those tho mods were good for 28 HP! The car puls much stronger now and rews up to 7400 rpm. I can say that the car goes much better than before.
About the haed - he said to me, that the head work wont bring to much and because of that I havent done it.
I have removed the cat to, but he has put it back, because I lost to much Nm in lower rpm.
Next think he will do for me is to find a supercharger for my car if it possible! I will tell you if he do!

THX

DEJAN

Hi DEJAN!

I think you are using Colombo and Bariani cams. They are an Italian company, I checked their website and they do have a 282 degree cam for the Clio RS (or 172).

Could you ask your workshop/tuner whether they can ship the cams to Singapore? How much do the cams cost?

Guys, you can check out their website at "http://www.colombo-bariani.com/listino.html"