ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car is leaking!

Renault clio 1.2 16V 2004
Hi Guys/Girls, I recently noticed that my headliner is wet in the top right corner of my windscreen. Im guessing there must be a leak coming through the windscreen sumwher, possibly the black rubber seal thingy around the windscreen? Any ideas?

dun really fancy taking headliner off, heard its a b**ch to put back on! how long is the warranty on a clio anyway, bought it a yr ago 2nd hand and it was registered sept 04

dun really fancy taking headliner off, heard its a b**ch to put back on! how long is the warranty on a clio anyway, bought it a yr ago 2nd hand and it was registered sept 04

3 years 72k, do you have a full service book stamped up as they might not be easy doing work on warently without it

yea i had the 18000 mile service, it on about 34000 now, could possibly wait til it goes in for next service i guess, i think i read on here sumwher that you can have a special kit fitted to sunroof to stop it rattling aswel? its a nightmare!

yea i had the 18000 mile service, it on about 34000 now, could possibly wait til it goes in for next service i guess, i think i read on here sumwher that you can have a special kit fitted to sunroof to stop it rattling aswel? its a nightmare!

Nothing stops them rattling for definate.

There kits to rebuilt the sunroof but nothings carenteed.

There a few different fixes but even a full rebuilt on mine (the last hope) still hasn't fixed it.

al

ST on the way...
Nothing stops the sunroofs rattling.

I had an electric one on my 1.6, it was into the dealers about 4-5 times to "have a go" at fixing it and it still rattled, and they managed to bugger up the sunblind and dint the roof, the one in my new car is also electric and rattles the same but it's not going anywhere near Renault!!

to be honest the rattle aint too bad most of the time it just has some bad days, the leak is worrying me the most, dont want mould n stuff to start growing along my headliner!

clio rsi!
i thought my sunroof wa leaking on my 92 clio, but took everything off cleaned it out and re sealed it, ive since sealed the whole lot with silicone as it was pissing me off! and it still does it! arse! its got loads of condensation all over the roof...i cant find a way of getting rid of it :-( any ideas?! :)

guess the sunroof thing was rite, just went in car an my seat was soaking. then when i pulled off a small pool of water dropped on my face from sunroof. trip to renault me thinks, mite take a few pics of roof etc incase they do scratch paint n stuf tryin to repair/replace?

paid a trip to renault today, i showed him my sunroof, and my drivers seat, (lovely little puddle). I was told that i had to wait a week to get it looked at, but, if they see that anythin has been tampered with, i.e new windscreen, sunroof glass etc, then it wouldnt be covered by warranty and i would have to pay the bill at 55 per hr plus vat. sounded like i was going to get screwed over from the start! he told me to spray sum wd40 on the seals cos it makes them expand and it mite solve it, and to make sure all around the seals is cleaned out tidy. My point was i shouldnt have to spray wd40 on my sunroof, it shouldnt leak anyway! Just getting the feeling that as soon as i book it in, a bill be waiting for me when i pick it up? Anyone else had this crap off renault?