ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car is now leaking oil!

Silver Fabia vRS

I think a letter to Renault Customer Services is in order now! At my service they didnt change my air filter and now its leaked oil all over my drive.

Ar$eholes

Silver Fabia vRS

The only reason I used a Renault Garage is becuase they will say it invalidates the warranty. I have a mate who would actually do a good job first time and not charge me over £70 for 1 1/2 hours labour.

Im going back at 3pm to get it sorted but the letter is still going off to Renault UK.

Fiesta TDCI

Geoff,

writing a letter to Renault UK really is a waste of time!

I had a decent enough reply from them but at the end of the day like the dealers they dont give a fcuk. Nothing ever got done about the problems I was having with Camden Northampton, they put it down to staff shortages and high turn around of staff etc.

Lesson learnt here, dont buy renault again!!

Stokesey.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Geoff, I think you will find that it is only the dealers who say that the warranty is affected if non-dealers do any work on your car. This is completely untrue, providing that parts used are Renault or whatever the make of car is. I have mentioned this before, that a good friend of ours owns a very busy independent, good garage and he gets tired of hearing this nonsense from dealers. He gets all sorts of cars to service, repair, etc and obviously has to use genuine Renault parts for those cars.

What he finds extremely annoying, is the fact that he can buy generic parts for cars, which are identical in every way and even have the manufacturers name on, for half the cost of the identical looking part that says Renault on it. He says that the whole business is a rip off and if the warranty has expired, he will use the cheaper costing, but identical parts, which saves the customer a lot of money, but although the very same part, would, according to Renault (or whoever) would invalidate the warranty! NONSENSE.

The guys at this garage mostly have sporty cars and motorbikes and really enjoy lowering customers sporty cars, changing the wheels, putting on bigger exhausts etc and charge half of what dealers charge, both for the parts and labour.

I think that from October, the ruling over this warranty business etc is going to be officially changed.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Stokesey

I found Camden unhelpful when I went to see them before I bought my car from Motorpoint. Corby Motors in Kettering so far have been much nicer to me and charged me £5 inc P&P for an english manual, Camden did not get back to me.

S2000

Geoff

R u sure its leaking oil. I had an oil change done at a local garage, the t**t didnt take the floorpan off before he changed the filter. The oil then gathered in pools in the floorpan, it dripped out very slowly onto the drive, we had to take the floorpan off and clean it. GRRR!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Geoff

Is it dirty oil...if so its what teady says

If its clean oil...they missed the filler hole. Check down the side of the block it will be "wet" and gathered in the floor pan too

Or it could be the gearbox...remember what I told you at the meet last week about the dodgy drive seals. It means a new gearbox. Hope for your sake its not.

Good luck

Chris

Silver Fabia vRS

Right the problem turned out to be what teady suggested. Oil had got into a absorbing pad that sits on the inside of the sump guard and basically was dripping out of it. They removed it and it has been fine since.

The reason they didnt change the air filter is becuase they didnt have one in stock...but still charged me for it!

Going in on Tuesday to get that done along with the Climate Control sensor which buzzes.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Geoff

Let me know about the climate thingy that buzzes....so does mine, so I can get them to do mine too.

Or do I want those monkeys touching it????

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Chris and Geoff,

The climate control does buzz and it buzzes on the Scenic as well. There is a tiny fan that gathers air from the cabin and reads the temperature of it and then adjust the heater or A/C to get the air to the drivers requested value.

Fiesta TDCI

Geoff,

knock up a quick letter to trading standards stating that you have been charged for something that you didnt get!

The dealer could get a hefty fine for that sort of thing!

GR7

Shiny red R32

I wonder how often they have done this in the past and got away with it? Maybe some dealers do it all the time as it would help them meet their profit targets easily! You sure they put new oil in your car?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Geoff,

You will probably find it is the same as the old one m8. But let me know if they have got a quieter one.