ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car is unlocking itself!!!

hi

my mk1 clio rt has started unlocking itself, when i am away from the car and sometimes when im driving along. its hapened twice today, once when driving the doors just unlocked on their own and then when i went to cinema tonight (to see team america, it was rubbish) i DEFINATELY locked the doors, me n my girlfriend checked, and came back to find it unlocked again. its getting more frequent and dont know whats causing it

my key fob no longer works and im thinking it might be to do with the water thats running through the sunroof or aerial and pissing out all over my leg through the central locking sensor when im driving, lol.

now i can see why this would cause someones central locking to stop working, but to make the car unlock itself? it doesnt add up to me

any ideas? i havent fixed the leek so that would be a start. suggestions on how to fix the leek, sunroof and aerial, would be great. but then what?

500bhp Scoob

i reckon is the sensor in the roof console, my mum had this on her pug 306, watched it on the cctv one nite, kept locking and unlocking itself, by morning the battery was virtually dead.

Fix the leak, and clean up the sensor board, and get rid of the green copper deposits, that could be bridging the circuit tracks

as for fixing the leaks, the aerial one is pretty easy, just a bit of silicon, or vaselean under the aerial base, then do the aerial up again, and it should be ok.

Never had my sunroof leak, so not sure

Dirty E91

I had this on my old 206 gti (I know, dont rub it in), turned out to be the central locking solenoids which needed to be replaced.

don't

read my thread in interior section mate, might need 2 set ur browser 2 show older posts

big info post on leaks in there, get it fixed and dry out where its leaked asap

[Edited by DAVE_RSi on 25 January 2005 at 8:50am]

SORRY i mean exterior section doh

BMW E46 330i Touring

Yeah, Id suggest solenoids are knackered somewhere. I had the same problem in an old car that had central locking but wasnt remote. So Id turn the key and a minute or two later the car would just unlock. Came back from work one day to find my stereo and entire parcel shelf and speakers missing,,, no damage to the car...the doors just opened!

Found out a way to properly lock it, by locking it once, waiting for it to unlock and then quickly locking again. And then I sold the car about 2weeks later!

lol nice. i think ill unattach the sensor and then try and fix the leeks and dry it out. hope i can find the leaks! cheers guys

Quote: Originally posted by Audin_RT on 25 January 2005

lol nice. i think ill unattach the sensor and then try and fix the leeks and dry it out. hope i can find the leaks! cheers guys
Is this not connected to the OE immobiliser

erm, dunno? ive taken the locking sensor out anyway and now the car stays locked, just have to use the key hole instead now

question, if i replace the sensor with another one it wont work will it? or is there a way to reprogram a sensor to my key?

If this happened to me id be fooked, had mine de-locked after thieves popped the lock...when the sunroof used to leak water got in the remote sensor and didnt work temporarily.

I had to open the boot with the key, reach through to unlock the back door, open the back door then reach through to open the front...reverse order to lock up. Still, makes me glad I got a 5 door.