ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car won't start :(

1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2. 52reg so the older model 1.2 engine.

It turns over, but it won't light up and kick in. Tried to jump start it, but by myself, so not particularly successfully!!

The battery is fine as the immobiliser light goes out. But the engine light (I think? Looks like a gearbox sign) is lit up.

It mis-started the morning of FCS, but three goes to start and it fired into life.

Last night I washed it with the power hose at about half 6 and hasn't started since then, plus we had very heavy rain last night. Could these be factors?

Any help would be great appreciated!

Cheers,

Jamie

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
check the little connector on the starter motor jamie, sounds like either thats come loose or something.

OK well I am funking confused.

Tried both of the above, didn't work.

Took the standard filter off, put the Viper on, fired first time. Now works with both filters not problem at all :S

WtF!!

Megane dci 130
Get a new crank sensor and loom on there. When you changed the filters you may of disturbed it, that will be why its starting now.

Barge
Thinking back Jamie, mine used to do this quite a bit towards the end of its life (it was an 03). FLOL. It used to turn over immobiliser light off, etc. but just not start. I wore the battery out eventually, replaced that and it was cushty. But a lot of people told me it was the filter and to keep that clean - as well as getting the TDC sensor replaced, or maybe even the isolator switch(?).

But these people also told me it was severed wires in the ECU, a f**ked fuel pump, I'd flooded the car, and even my key for it could all contribute. I found rocking it a bit in anger then trying it helped. :cool:

Haha, thanks hun.

Shepperdspie, any ideas how much that is going to cost, baring in mind if it is more than £10 I will be selling the car and buying German, as it has had three new engine wiring looms in it's life, thus far!!!!!!!!!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
TDC Sensor. I guarantee it.

Common fault on your engine. My old 1.2 went through five!

Let me know, and i'll get you a new one at cost price, and fit it.