ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car!!

RenaultSport Clio 172
Not my cuppa but looks good all the same. I prefer the less OTT look but if that's your bag then good job mate. Summat to be proud of innit.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
MarkM said:
An intelligent answer well said.

Modders dont sl@g tuners because there is no reason to sl@g them. Unless any of the modders can say why it is ridiculous to spend money making your clio sport perform better. After all why does anyone buy a 16V 172 182 V6, because they are performance cars. I take it if someone offered you a 911 you would refuse on the grounds that it was pointless?

By CDMullins logic we would all be driving round in cars limited to 70mph but it would not matter as they would have that many spoilers stuck to them at least they would look fast :S I assume that is the reason modders do what they do?

I think the point is more that the 'tuners' sl*g people off for altering the styling instead of buying a more attractive looking vehicle. The 'modifiers' dont turn around and laugh at you for spending money tuning your clio, when by the time you've finished you could have bought something faster. The point being that most people on here have altered their car in some way, each in their own fashion. The more open minded people will either leave out commenting or comment about how they'd improve what they dont like. The more close minded say 'its sh*t, because its not tuned in the engine'. Most people have contradicted their own doings by saying they dont understand why some-one would buy a cheaper car then spend money altering it, yet do the same just in a different area. In short a lot of people on this thread have been completely close minded pr*cks, and have shown it aswell. Some-one even complained that not every-one has bought a renaultsport on the CLIOsport forum, and there are a lot of 1.2s. If you want just renaultsport theres a seperate club for that jacka**. We all own clios, and so far have not been a**holes about each others cars. I personally dont fully appreciate the look of this car, although the wide arches and bad boy bonnet look ace. however to say the fella who owns it is a chav and an idiot (which was a few implications that I got) etc is completely unfair. You say we should not bother buying a 1.2 and modifying it, but buy a better car instead. Well to be fair stop tuning you're clios and buy a better car also. Until you're spending your money on higher end but standard cars you have no room to criticise. You're arguments that in tuning you're improving the car is only by opinion, as is our opinion that we are improving the looks of the car and is in the same context as improving the vehicle from its standard form. Come back when the only money you've spent on you're car is purchase price and running costs and then constructively argue why our modified cars are worse than yours...

rant over

M2 Competition
Imo the rear lights would look better as led's, but the red ones, so as to keep it looking professional, not keen on lexuses.

And id replace the clio wording between the exhaust pipes with a piece of mesh, or a criss-cross steel lattice. But damn good effort, lots of time gone into this one, with that done would make a good show car!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Personally think it has a slight resemblance to the veee, the rear exhaust, the side air intakes, the front slightly and the arches.

M2 Competition
Lol, ok,

so whats that got to do with whether ive ever had a vee pull up alongside me?!

Confuuuuuuuuuused.com!