ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

~My Cat 1 alarm wont bring down insurance

A black one

Just booked the car in to have a Clifford concept 650 installed, rang up my insurance company (NU Direct) and they said it wont make any differeence to my premium! WTF!? Gutted!:(

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Has it got intelli start or some sort of turbo timer on it?

Im sure the 600 (which is what I have) has a built in turbo timer should it be needed.

A black one

Whats a turbo timer? Whats intellistart? If you mean the autostart then it doesnt have the autostart feature as its a Thatcham Approved model (autostart isnt condoned by Thatcham).

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Dont bother with it then - thats like £600 down the drain.

Might as well get a cheaper alarm like the 300 or even a toad or something.

500bhp Scoob

yup, sod the insurance, its the fact that its gonna make it harder for the common car theif to nick your car.

its not money wasted, its money well spent imo :)

im getting a clifford 650 fitted with intellistart, dont care if its not a cat1

It will only bring your insurance down minimally when it comes to renewal time but youre not talking about a massive ammount of money would take a few years to recoup it through insurance premium savings.