ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 1, first real pics

ex Clio 172 owner :(

LOSE THE SUNSTRIP!

Go and take it off right now... go on...

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 25 April 2005 at 3:23pm]

and the wiper spoilers and the Lexus Lights.

But please take the strip off...

mk1 172

to fit 17s first you have to remove the lexus lights and as chris said....the sunstrip.

only after completion of the removal process will your car accept larger wheels

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph

the sun strip is fine, looks good,

the wiper spoilers are OK, i liek them and i dotn give a flying f**k what u think Chris 1.4RT.

the lexus lights look sweet against that colour of blue so again u can stfu :) i like it, 90% of people think its pretty cool for my 1st car.

I liek it thats all that matters :)

oh a wiper spilters are aparantly sposed to force the blades down a bit harder to clear more water or sommin :| i just got em to cover up the sh*tty wipers

Quote: Originally posted by Mr.AdamB on 25 April 2005

the sun strip is fine, looks good,

the wiper spoilers are OK, i liek them and i dotn give a flying f**k what u think Chris 1.4RT.

the lexus lights look sweet against that colour of blue so again u can stfu :) i like it, 90% of people think its pretty cool for my 1st car.

I liek it thats all that matters :)

oh a wiper spilters are aparantly sposed to force the blades down a bit harder to clear more water or sommin :| i just got em to cover up the sh*tty wipers

No need to be so aggressive you moron.

If I wanted to be offensive to you, Id have said you car looks crap and that 90% of people (is that scientific or just your blinkered view?) think they look b****cks nowadays.

The sun strip is stupid. Who gives a rats about some website.

"Oh look that car belongs to a motoring forum. Its the mutts nuts"

I was merely pointing out a few things that would make it look better by removing. Granted it was mildly sarcastic but tongue in cheek.

But some people cannot criticism.

Ok mate. You car is mint and I wish it was mine so I could impress the McDs crowd.

LMFAO.

Bite go on..... go on...

By the way there a few pics of my old mk1 Clio RT on my member profile for you to see. Tasteful, subtle. Not OTT.

Yeah boring if you like, but tasteful.

don't

ok id suggest getting rid of wiperbits for certain

rear lights,, ok uve got them now so may aswell keep them or sell them on,

as for the site address, a small 1 would probably look alot more tidy imo

but at the end of the day if u like how it is then thats all that matters

Besides, those lights declared on your insurance?

Yeah righto.

(they dont even fit right, they stick out about 5mm either side of the boot strip)

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 25 April 2005

Besides, those lights declared on your insurance?

Yeah righto.

(they dont even fit right, they stick out about 5mm either side of the boot strip)

The lights dont need to be declared I dont think, cosmetic change so it doesnt matter.

Why dont both of you stop the bitching, doesnt get you anywhere, and his car is like that becuase he likes it like that, after all its his car so its his choice. Although I would rid of the wipers spoilers. :p Decent wipers only cost bout £16 for a pair.

Yeah nice first car you have there...................you can get black wiper spoilers they might blend in better and really hide the wipers eh ;)

!7" wheels...............well Id just drop it a bit and go for 16s tops.................17s can be a bit hard :)

How old are ya.............just wondering when its your first car?

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 25 April 2005 at 5:56pm]

Cosmetic changes?

Is that how you would classify a spoiler? Bonnet grille? Scoops? Colour Coding? etc etc etc?

Lights do need to be declared. Anything non standard does. See my old RT (click member profile above my post), alloys declared, lowered 60mm declared, coded mirrors declared as exterior decorative changes - elephant.co.uk.

I never disputed the car is alright for a first car. Just dont know why people have to go and put certain stuff on their car.

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 25 April 2005 at 5:59pm]

If you like it thats all that matters!

I think it looks quite good, although I wouldnt have some of the mods but thats what makes people different....

i like the colour blue, the steering wheel, the exhaust, the headlights, the driveway, the trailer, the garage door with the flake effect and of course the cliosport sticker but IMO that looks a lil too big... :oops:

keep up the good work :D

To any one who uses this site often - Can i just ask who designed the stickers that are used to advertise and represent your website? And how many different designs/sizes do you have available to your members?

the ride looks kk;).

If u get 17, just remember to get wheels balanced. I got my alleys on, so pleased but forgot to balance:oops:

Quote: Originally posted by EMCC HONEY on 25 April 2005

To any one who uses this site often - Can i just ask who designed the stickers that are used to advertise and represent your website? And how many different designs/sizes do you have available to your members?
They werent really especially designed for the stickers, its just the club logo. There are 2 sizes, large ones like Adams and smaller ones which are about half the size, like EMCC ones. Both sizes can either be bought in either interioe or external form. What makes you ask anyway?

172 M69 eater

if u like it mate then thats what its all bout, people will criticise on some forums and appreciate on other forums, yet you have chosen a crowd that isnt into lexus lights etc.

btw the lexus lights arent fitted properly, thats y they are sticking out! a mistake i made myself when i got my first set of replacement lights :oops:

ST

Loose the lexus lights, the sunstrip and the wiper blades, drop it 40mm on the 15s that you have, colour code the bumpers, a light smoke tint and then itll be a tidy lookin car, and just because its your 1st car doesnt mean you have to do silly things to it......a few lads on here including myself are still on their 1st car and have kept it simple and tastfully modded them IMO.

Cheers, Alan.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i think TBH loose the wiper aids and thatl be alot of the sl*gging out the window. then possibly sun strip. its up to u what u do, and if u like it fine.......but your post was basically asking for opinions and thats what you have got. if you want to take their honest advice, dont bite theyre just trying to help.listen to what ppl have got to say.potentially mate you have got a nice 1st car

Paul

Golf GTD

about declaring lexus lights, when i had an accident, the insurance compamny did get arsey about the fact they had lexus lights on the car. Luckily it, the accident, wasnt my fault so they didnt mind too much.

So just to be safe, id tell them.