ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 16v - 0-100 video

Valver..
pretty qwick fella...i would b pround of that....fancy a race in me 1.2i....hehe if ya think u r man enough of coarse!

Fast valver.

Your engine doesn't appear to be up to full operating temperature - running your car that hard can't be good for it surely?!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
no its fine at that temp mate. it had been running on and off all day, then cooling down for half hour or so at a time.

it runs that cool most of the time! rarely goes any higher and takes about 20 mins to get there! :)

Adams_16v said:
no its fine at that temp mate. it had been running on and off all day, then cooling down for half hour or so at a time.

it runs that cool most of the time! rarely goes any higher and takes about 20 mins to get there! :)

It only runs at <40 degrees oil temperature all the time?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
looking again, it is slowly on its way up mate, it runs around 45-80 usually depending on driving (not a lot over 45 if its being taken steady) and around 80-90 if im doing 90+ for long. Anywhere in between depends on driving style! :)

but in that video the car had been run, then left for a bit, then i got in the queue for the 1/4 mile again and it was slowly going up from 0 on the gauge to its actual temp within just a few minutes. i.e it was already warm.

water temp barely goes over 1/4 too. it does run very cool.

afaik its fine from 40 degrees anyway, especially after its been warm already. But if its from stone cold, i do wait till its a little higher always!

Last edited:
mr_merc said:
Fast valver.

Your engine doesn't appear to be up to full operating temperature - running your car that hard can't be good for it surely?!

I put a rev limiter on it for sub 60 deg coolant temps anyway lol.

But it does go well for something running a std bottom end.

Craig, i have a 16 row oil cooler sitting on my shelf for you aswell! ;)

deffo need some outside footage, it sounds like a cosworth DFV if its comming from about 1/2 a mile away.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Ben i've got an outside vid too. i was making a bit of a video last night, but the software crashed so i'll have to start again!

ahhh cool, whats the rev limit set at for under 60 degrees mate? So even if its not showing 60 on the gauge it will have been 60 degrees +

oil cooler....coool! I'll have to bring the car down and leave it with you for a couple of days or something, if there are a few bits and bobs that still need finishing off. Like the fiesta plugs hehe!

also is it possible to plug my laptop into the omex just to set the rev limitor. cos my garage always take my cars out and rag the nuts off them im sure of it! Usually take them out to test what work they've done when they have fitted or fixed something, but a 3k rev limit should put a stop to that!

i took my old scooby in for some work once, as it broke, and the lad said its fast aint it, didnt know they only reved to 7k though! im thinking what the fuk, i never take it over 6k to be on safe side as its a jap import and prone to detting at high revs!

Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
lol They would be ragging your car all over a soon as they see the throttle bodies, you need one of those alarms that have a valet mode can't go over 3k hehe

Don't suppose you'd post a close up pic of the throttle boddies would you. Got a megane engine to go in mine and was thinking the tb route.

Awsome car by the way!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh have a few mate!

322115_181_full.jpg

engine.jpg

clio002.jpg

Its not a dizzy, its a coilpack. Its just there because the custom leads are still waiting to be made, but i need craig to decide where he wants the coilpack to sit so i can get the lead lengths correct.

Craig, The limiter is about 5500 if the coolant temp is low.

And if you pop over i'll show you how to control the software and upload diff maps and set the rev limiter to 3000rpm or lower ;) lol.

Also we can do a few checkups and re-check the AFR plot to make sure its still running spot on, if not make some adjustments with your input as to what you like.

And if your going to need a clutch change or anything similar at any point, we have cracked the OE tdc sensor issue so we can take the front pulley timing wheel off and simplify the system and add reliability.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
ignore that! lol!! i thought 40degrees on the gauge was 20 looking at that vid! So everything i said add 20degrees onto it, as the gauge starts at 40 doh! lol!! So yes it runs between 65 and 95 usually, not 45 and 80! anything over 60 degrees is fine!

On track the toher week, after 5 laps of flat out, it wasnt much over 100 degrees which i thought was pretty low temps considering!

Adams_16v said:
looking again, it is slowly on its way up mate, it runs around 45-80 usually depending on driving (not a lot over 45 if its being taken steady) and around 80-90 if im doing 90+ for long. Anywhere in between depends on driving style! :)

but in that video the car had been run, then left for a bit, then i got in the queue for the 1/4 mile again and it was slowly going up from 0 on the gauge to its actual temp within just a few minutes. i.e it was already warm.

water temp barely goes over 1/4 too. it does run very cool.

afaik its fine from 40 degrees anyway, especially after its been warm already. But if its from stone cold, i do wait till its a little higher always!

Titanium 182
mint! sounds like a jet at the end of 3rd!

what did u do with the 106 gti u bought mate? cant of had it long!

how come clean16v spent ages buliding this car with gdi then sold it!!!?