ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio after the crash

clio 1.2 2007
Slight damage after a ditch hit my car :(

crashedclio.jpg

clio 1.2 2007
Ah s**t...not good mate, in the hands of the insurers now?
Unfortunately not, I'm only 18 wouldn't be able to afford the renewal premium, its in the garage and I'm looking at about £1000 to fix it before paint, so it could be worse

GTD, Lupo
That isnt too bad considering a front bumper + paint on mine was around 1k.

Have you tried to source any second hand parts. Might even be able to get hold of a 197 front end for way less than 1k.

Listerine & Poledo
So what happened here then?

That'll polish out surely?

;)

In all seriousness though, bad news chap.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What needs replacing mate? Just do the bare essentials then ziptie the rest until you can afford to fully repair it! haha. Unlucky though.

How much was your insurance premium?

I find it astonishing that people pay out hundreds, sometimes thousands of pounds for insurace and then not use it when they crash!

Ibiza Cupra 180
I recently had brand new bumper + wing and the bill was around 1k, I could have fixed it myself for about £200 buying used parts - Its the way forward!

clio 1.2 2007
got some of the parts today, 210 quid for a new non genuine bumper and wing and a new renault headlight, thats the only real damage to the front apart from the bar under the radiator that needs pulled out a bit. The bad news is we're not sure if the back axle is bent or if the wheel is just buckled

MK3, RX450H.
Unfortunately not, I'm only 18 wouldn't be able to afford the renewal premium, its in the garage and I'm looking at about £1000 to fix it before paint, so it could be worse

£1000 isn't really much, even if it is before spraying. Could of been much worse. Like death?

clio 1.2 2007
You had any quotes for the painting?
yea, know a guy with his own place for painting, 600 quid for the bumper, wing and scratches down the door
Think I'll get a lot of the mouldings on the bumper colour coded at the same time, so some good will have come out of it :p

Disastra Coupe
18 thrashing it, cant drive = bang

lessons here boys

Much like almost everybody on this forum at 18 if that is the case. Those who didn't crash at that sort of age were just lucky, like myself.

It's the way of life, you learn as you get older.

Unlucky with the car chap. Hope you get it fixed soon.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Least your not letting berks string you on in here, you made a mistake n you got on with it good on ya.

clio 1.2 2007
dscn0153r.jpg

Finally got it totally finished after the crash, needed a new bumper, wing, headlight, rear axle and had to replace that dented alloy. So I used this as an excuse to get myself a bigger set of wheels, found a bargain on gumtree, 100 quid for 4 megane alloys. Also managed to sell the old 15 inch dented set for 150

clio 1.2 2007
oh, and not forgetting the undertray thing for the front bumper, cost more than the bumper itself from my local stealers

Im liking what youve done with the mirrors, different touch.
Nice to see it back on the road though, hopefully didnt empty your pockets too much

Drive safely ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well done. Going through the insurance is never good. For some reason though my insurance went down after writing off my first car.

Everyone does it. I can guarantee over 50% of the forum wrote a car off in their first few years driving.

Well done. Going through the insurance is never good. For some reason though my insurance went down after writing off my first car.

Everyone does it. I can guarantee over 50% of the forum wrote a car off in their first few years driving.

Maybe a little out :p

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
dscn0153r.jpg

Finally got it totally finished after the crash, needed a new bumper, wing, headlight, rear axle and had to replace that dented alloy. So I used this as an excuse to get myself a bigger set of wheels, found a bargain on gumtree, 100 quid for 4 megane alloys. Also managed to sell the old 15 inch dented set for 150

Is that rear wheel 13"?

Focus
From the age of 18, (now 21) I don't think I even had any near misses?!

Glad you're ok though and your car is all back on the road! Don't drive beyond your limits in future! :rasp:

clio 1.2 2007
13" ? thats a 16, the car did originally have 15" alloys. Problem is the massey ferguson wheel arches on these mk 3's. I think some lowering is in order