ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my Clio doesnt idle and just stall

renault cleo 1.4 s
need help :O my renault cleo 1.4s is a w reg and i have had it for a couple of years and for the last fue months it was randomly started staling when i drop the clutch when waiting at a roundabout or traffic lights this only really happened on a cold engine and only randomly nothing i noticed that could be affecting it like weather ect or weather i parked on a hill ect after a couple of months of this going on some times 5 time a week and nothing the next month i decided to borrow my dads can since then my cleo has been sat doing nothing and now it starts but revs rise to 3000 and just drop down and car stauls ?? i can put my foot on the excelerator witch will keep it on but when i take it of it stauls ? i have took the idle controll valve out and cleaned it not sure how well i have done it or should be done ? the is petrol in the engine and the battery is charged well ? any ideas ?

renault cleo 1.4 s
hey thanks i have already given it a clean didnt look dirty to start with but i gave it a good clean, any other ideas ?