ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Experience

Clio MK2 Phase 2
Hey so this is my current project and my experience with my baby clio.
Now it's only a 1.2 but being my first car I love it. At the same time I'll be honest I didn't want it at first I wanted a mk4 golf or an a3 the clio was my girlfriends and when she got a new car she gave the clio too me for practically nothing I loved it.
so here's my pictures of when I got it and where I'm at now, enjoy guys :)
p.s. The main thing I wanted to change was the colour lol ;)

when I first got it minus the mudflaps.

image_zpsc81aefd2.jpg

Back to black, looking shiny :3

image_zps925ee804.jpg

Old spoiler bye bye!

image_zps3e36d5b9.jpg

new spoiler, thanks scrapyard :3

image_zps4cdabc3a.jpg

At the beach :3

image_zpsd60c45fb.jpg

Old indicators r.i.p

image_zpsf0728223.jpg

New indicators

image_zpsc80ca223.jpg

Wheel trims have gotta go.

image_zps29ba7a34.jpg

jaink!!

image_zps9d32d70c.jpg

New fox alloys :3

image_zpsf4b708dc.jpg

Sunstrip, need to get another one as I didn't cut this one down enough.

image_zps0e967811.jpg

Engine warning light, cars f**ked :(

image_zps49434eac.jpg

New coil pack and she's like new again, just some stickers I got;

image_zps526323bf.jpg

peakaboo

image_zps8bec93da.jpg

taz

image_zpseadf02fe.jpg

And thats pretty much much where image at with it, got a new exhaust which I was expecting hours ago so il take a snap when that's on, :)

/STKProd

Now that you've replaced the hub caps you've gotta lower it a bit. I'm not a fan of the stickers & sunstrip, or the mud flaps. Less is more imo.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Nope, you've done a pretty bad job there I'm afraid mate. Clear indicators are about the only 'improvement' you've made... don't mind the hiding sticker thing either though.

Flaps off, spoiler sticker off, add some standard Clio Renaultsport wheels...

Clio MK2 Phase 2
Lol I don't even care, personal taste and that's all it boils down to. I didn't do it for other people to like and aprieciate like art, but myself and so far I'm happy :)
thanks all for your comments anyway

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol I don't even care, personal taste and that's all it boils down to. I didn't do it for other people to like and aprieciate like art, but myself and so far I'm happy :)
thanks all for your comments anyway

So driving around with your baseball cap pointing to the sky, with stupid stickers and mud flaps on a purple clio is cool now is it?

Clio MK2 Phase 2
So driving around with your baseball cap pointing to the sky, with stupid stickers and mud flaps on a purple clio is cool now is it?
Firstly where did I say it was cool? Secondly what's my baseball cap got to do with this lmao? Big deal I was wearing a hat whilst taking pictures of my car. Never realized this community was so stereotypical.

so far I've had insults about my age and now what I wear lol? Well I guess it'd be my opinion that some of you guys need to do some growing up.

is someone not allowed to do something to there car because THEY like it? Didn't realize we had to all be sheep and do the same thing, what sort of communist bullshit is that?

anyway sorry none of you couldn't like anything, and thanks for your opinions about the car. The ones about me and what I wear are kind of uncalled for but it's cool.

Monaco
Looking like a decent start. Stickers and sunstrip are not to my taste. The wheels look like smaller versions of the ones sold on the new clio TCE spec. They should look good when/if you lower the car a bit which i would highly recommend.

You will not get the support of a lot of people on here with too many stickers and aftermarket alloys. cliosport.net community is very OEM+ (which I am guilty of too). The "perfect" non-sport on here would be very clean, all the plastics colour coded, possibly a 172 rear bumper and some 172/182/clio williams/oz alloys.

I reckon if you lower it, possibly colour code the plastics, look into getting a 172 half-leather interior (makes such a difference and is easy enough to fit) you could have a really nice looking first car.

Oh and I love the colour. Used to have one. Check out my project if you need inspiration: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?417040-1-2-Clio-mini-project-(newbie)

Clio MK2 Phase 2
Looking like a decent start. Stickers and sunstrip are not to my taste. The wheels look like smaller versions of the ones sold on the new clio TCE spec. They should look good when/if you lower the car a bit which i would highly recommend.

You will not get the support of a lot of people on here with too many stickers and aftermarket alloys. cliosport.net community is very OEM+ (which I am guilty of too). The "perfect" non-sport on here would be very clean, all the plastics colour coded, possibly a 172 rear bumper and some 172/182/clio williams/oz alloys.

I reckon if you lower it, possibly colour code the plastics, look into getting a 172 half-leather interior (makes such a difference and is easy enough to fit) you could have a really nice looking first car.

Oh and I love the colour. Used to have one. Check out my project if you need inspiration: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?417040-1-2-Clio-mini-project-(newbie)

Finally some good criticism. The interior I'm currently working on but I'm on a student budget so currently got leather look seats. I already got my paint code and wanted to paint the plastics but would it not look funny as it's a different type of plastic?
il check the thread now
thanks pal

Clio MK2 Phase 2
This forum can be so welcoming to new members... jesus.

Personally, I don't like some of the mods, but as long as you like it, that's all that matters! :)

Thanks thomas,

Fit my xenons today also getting my exhaust welded, going to try and find a sprayers today for my plastics :)

275 Trophy
Ignore the haters on here mate.

I like the wheels and the clear indicators but to be honest, everything else is a bit crap. As already said, go for the clean look is my advise, but obviously you don't have to take it.

Do your own thing - find your own place.

This forum can be so welcoming to new members... jesus.

Personally, I don't like some of the mods, but as long as you like it, that's all that matters! :)

Well said mate, I was going to post something similar.

When I had my old non sport everyone hated the non standard rear lights but I liked them at the time. Looking back now, I agree with them lol. Just ignore the haters dude!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You've taken the criticism more maturely than the styling if your car would lead people to believe. So, props for that :approve: as I said, the car isn't to my taste at all, but there's no need for people to get personal. My 182 is subtle as you like, and I wear my baseball caps pointing up! So, yeah... although I believe it's more chav having a snapback completely flat on your head.

Getting off the point now, enjoy the site mate.

Monaco
Finally some good criticism. The interior I'm currently working on but I'm on a student budget so currently got leather look seats. I already got my paint code and wanted to paint the plastics but would it not look funny as it's a different type of plastic?
il check the thread now
thanks pal

Don't be intimidate by the price of an interior. I literally just secured a full 172 half leather interior with door cards for £100

Whats your colour code mate?
if its 460 ive got a colour matched spoiler you can have instead of your black plastic one. yours if you cover the postage:

JSdOqmB.jpg

1kLPUP5.jpg

haha yeah they look loads better colour coded! just, cup spoilers look even better ;)

Yeah its been sitting in the boot for ages so hes more than welcome to take it!

Clio MK2 Phase 2
I wish I could take it mate, but shamefully I can't remember my colour code going to ring and get it today, however I know it's not that. That colours too blue, mines more purple shaded :( thanks a bunch though mate.