ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio gets me in bother!!!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i think my clio is cursed. ive been driving 10 years exactly. i got done when was 17 for jumping a red light but since then nothing...........................until Feb 2007.
Since mid Feb 07 i have clocked up 2 SP30s (6 pts in total) and now have been caught again in a 30 right on the section where it goes from 50 to 30 and this time no Fixed Penalty but a friggin summons.

so from havbing a clean licence in Feb to having at least 9 - maybe a ban - in april and a nice collection of fines.

am i looking at a ban in court?

and b4 anyone gets righteous on here and says its your own fault etc etc you deserve whatever you get etc etc - i know this.

im asking friendly advice NOT criticism fellow cliosporters!

I doubt you'll get a ban, you may lose yourlicence and have to do the re-test, or the judge may be lenient and give you one of those driving course things.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i wont get a ban but i'll lose my licence???? that doesnt make sense!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
50 in 30 but was JUST comin off the 50 into the 30 slowing down but not soon enuff. the tw@t caught me right on the join.
im gonna ask for this calibration cert but doubt will make any diff.

take my licence? im confused. a ban is not being allowed to drive for X amount of time? and if i had to do a retest id be banned until i did the test??

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
and do all 9 points come off in 2010? cos i got em all in the last 3 moinths?
or is it 3 pts 2010, 3pts 2013, and 3 pts 2016?

Leon Cupra 300
You wont get banned with 9 points mate, but be really careful for the next 3 years till they come off... literally dont speed, make sure your tyres are always legal etc so they can't give you 3 points for any old thing. Just think the cash it'll save you in petrol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I just don't understand how any half awake human can get caught speeding.

I say this time and time again, I would say touch wood again but it makes no difference. After my first 3 points some years ago, I've evaded speed trap after speed trap and police car after police car (not in chases mind).

Keep your eyes open mate.

cup 182 mit stripes
You cant get them physically removed for 4 years but for insurance purposes after 3 years they dont count. Yes they will all run concurrently.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
You'll probably get five points and a fine. Don't bother asking for the calibration certificate as you will probably be wasting your time. If they try and give you more, plead financial hardship etc etc and you should escape with your licence (just). You need to be very very careful for the next three years!!!

If you want to avoid speed traps, keep to the limits in 30's, 40's, 50's with nice straights. Dead easy to catch people in these bits as people open it up. Ask any traffic cop :eek: ...

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
no no. i come back to southport at weekends, altho my first 3 pts this year were by the national tyres on chester road, he was stashed down the side of those sweaty chippies and stuff.

Shed.

I say this time and time again, I would say touch wood again but it makes no difference. After my first 3 points some years ago, I've evaded speed trap after speed trap and police car after police car (not in chases mind).

Yeah, imo ive never been done yet, but ive come round corners and evaded the b******s time and time again not to mention the amount of time ive sped past cop cars far higher than the speed limit and theyve not done anything about it.

I do however think its funny to speed past the dog section/scientific investigation vans at 100 mph down the dual carrage way. Theyve not done anything yet and they need proof of it. VISUAL EVIDENCE !!!!!!!

edit/

DONT SPEED - PURE AND SIMPLE

clio 182 ff
u won't have to sit ur test again if u get ban its only in the first 2 years of u having a driving lience if u have been driving longer then u r only alound 12 points after that its a ban for x mount of time then they send ur lience back to u:)

F1 - R26

c**k :clown:

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50

Yeah, imo ive never been done yet, but ive come round corners and evaded the b*****ds time and time again not to mention the amount of time ive sped past cop cars far higher than the speed limit and theyve not done anything about it.

Yeah, but you'll be the first to complain when they do book ya!

I do however think its funny to speed past the dog section/scientific investigation vans at 100 mph down the dual carrage way. Theyve not done anything yet and they need proof of it. VISUAL EVIDENCE !!!!!!!

edit/

DONT SPEED - PURE AND SIMPLE

Yeah, but you'll be the first to complain when they do book ya! I know someone who did 100mph down a dual carriageway. He ended up side-on into a people carrier. He didn't think it was very funny though coz he was DEAD. And the cops don't need visual evidence to prosecute you. Just a calibrated speedometer will do.

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
well im laying eggs now about it. has only really just sunk in!
'totting up' is minn 6 months ban apparantly. I dont know if its going to go against or for me tho that ive had clean licence for 10 years and now got done 3 times in as many months?!
surely they wouldnt be so harsh as to ban me for gettin caught speeding 3 times in a 30?? i have to drive from southport to manchester for work!

133/225/CLS AMG
Gutted for ya mate, its easily done. And just completely bad luck that you've got caught speeding so many times in a short space of time.

Also, you can't tell me that every person on here whose driving a high performance Clio is sticking to the speed limits exactly????

Hope you don't get too shafted mate.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
me too, im thinkin im gonna get 5 pts so will be on 11 so will have to be super good for 3 years. cheers pal.

who wants to buy a nice 172?! im gettin a big heavy slow beemer again to keep me out of trouble.

renault clio 1.4 sport
don `t think so just ban you mate dowt they would take your licence off you. theres worse drivers than you just they get away with it.

clio 172 mk2
i think my clio is cursed. ive been driving 10 years exactly. i got done when was 17 for jumping a red light but since then nothing...........................until Feb 2007.
Since mid Feb 07 i have clocked up 2 SP30s (6 pts in total) and now have been caught again in a 30 right on the section where it goes from 50 to 30 and this time no Fixed Penalty but a friggin summons.

so from havbing a clean licence in Feb to having at least 9 - maybe a ban - in april and a nice collection of fines.

am i looking at a ban in court?

and b4 anyone gets righteous on here and says its your own fault etc etc you deserve whatever you get etc etc - i know this.

im asking friendly advice NOT criticism fellow cliosporters!

was caught 3 times in 1 week all sp 30 then a few months later got ma 12 points went to court and pleaded i would lose my job due to distance .. wore a suit and looked sad and they let me off !!! still got 12 points though and its hellish trying to get insurance:eek:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
BONUS. how old are you? with my 6pts my ins went up 50 a year to 440.