ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio GT

Renault Clio GT
Hi. I just joined the forum and thought I would show you some pictures of my Clio GT.

I have had the car for 7months now and I still love it as much now as I did when I first bought it. I'm only 19 so I couldn't afford insurance on a 2.0 Clio just yet but that's all to look forward to in the future.

Here are some most recent pictures taken a few days ago -

After she was all washed :) -
P1030131.jpg

P1030129.jpg

P1030139.jpg

Some pics of the Alpine sound system -
P1030132.jpg

P1030133.jpg

Goal keeper GT -
P1030149.jpg

Hope they all worked and are ok.

Thanks for looking. Fraser.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Await the

"has it been to the ring" comment

Looking good mate as above plans?

Renault Clio GT
Thanks for the comments :cool:

It hasn't been round the ring yet no haha. lt's always something I wanted to do though. I just liked the sticker tbh lol. Sorry to disappoint.

I've done a few things to her already such as - Remap, Viper induction kit, exhaust system and full alpine audio install. Also some minor mods like silvatec bulbs, painted wheel inserts and callipers.

As for future plans, Nothing major but I would like to get the Renault sport door badges and the steering wheel insert. I'm also saving for coilovers just now too. Myabe some tints and sun strip for the summer.

Fraser.

Black Clio GT
where you get the remap done and pics if your viper setup please??

looks nice by the way but not a big fan of the yellow diamonds or ring sticker.....

Renault Clio GT
What did you get out of the remap, did you get given power graphs, if so please scan them and post them up. Im not really that interested in peak increases, just want to know what the torque increases were across the rev range.

Also, needs Lowered.

http://www.h-r.com/de/n_produkt.php?id=1757

I do have a dyno print yes but i have no idea if It's good or not? It was done from a professional company and the car Itself feels alot sharper and smoother.

I took this same sheet to a second company who told me he could do alot better but i just don't have the money he was asking.

Dyno.jpg

Direct link if that one is too small -
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/Fuzzy_gex/Dyno.jpg

EDIT: Increase of 11.8 BHP and 11 Torque. Is this good?

Thanks. Fraser.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio GT
where you get the remap done and pics if your viper setup please??

looks nice by the way but not a big fan of the yellow diamonds or ring sticker.....

Hi. I got the remap from a company in Ayr. Pretty good. Guy seemed to know what he was doing.

Here is the only pic i have of the viper just now -

P1020961-1.jpg

Fraser.

Not a 320d
Origional book figures were;

128bhp and 114 lb-ft. So its now 139.8bhp and 125lb-ft ?

I dont trust any rolling road other than the one at RS tuning, but i guess the graph shows the torque being dragged out further up the rev range which is good because the standard map decideds to forget what torque is at 5000rpm.

Renault Clio GT
Origional book figures were;

128bhp and 114 lb-ft. So its now 139.8bhp and 125lb-ft ?

I dont trust any rolling road other than the one at RS tuning, but i guess the graph shows the torque being dragged out further up the rev range which is good because the standard map decideds to forget what torque is at 5000rpm.

Yes thats right, does that mean it is good?

I just noticed u have a GT urself. Did u ever get urs remapped? Also what other mods have to done to urs?

I'm jelous of your coilovers btw haha. How much were they?

Thanks, Fraser.

Black Clio GT
guessing the figure not in brackets is atw power??
that means youve got a 35% transmission loss= not right even in the slightest!!!

whats the name of the company and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking??
did he not do a before graph and is it just a generic map or one custom to your viper/exhaust set up??

sorry for all the questions lol

Renault Clio GT
that means youve got a 35% transmission loss= not right even in the slightest!!!

whats the name of the company and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking??
did he not do a before graph and is it just a generic map or one custom to your viper/exhaust set up??

I have no idea what that means but it doesn't sound too good?

I will send the company in pm so I'm not breaking any forum rules or anything.

Unfortunatly there was no before graph :( The map was done before the viper was installed but he told me i didn't need to change the map for the induction. I have no idea if this is true.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Fraser.

Not a 320d

I thought that 20% was about right actually. So yer 35% is a bit high lol.

Renault Clio GT
Power loss from the engine through the transmission, its normal dont worry.

Ok but I thought the other guy said It's bad. I quote "not right even in the slightest!!!" lol

It drives fine though so i suppose thats ok.

Fraser.

Black Clio GT
Ok but I thought the other guy said It's bad. I quote "not right even in the slightest!!!" lol

It drives fine though so i suppose thats ok.

Fraser.

clios tend to run at a transmission loss of 15-20%
looking at your power graph its says 105 then 140 corrected which is an estimate of your fly wheel power if you work out the percentage difference its around 35% which is more like a 4wd transmission loss. if you add around 20% to your 105 wheel power then it comes out at standard factory bhp figures.

im not saying your car is broke or is likley too but i would be questioning it with the tuner thats all. having said that i would be expecting around 12bhp from an ik exhaust and re-map and you have no power graph of the standard map so we dont know if it was even running book figures before!!!
should you want to improve on that power delivery in the future i would be getting those nasty flat spots sorted in the torque and hp......

but if your happy with how it runs and feel its quicker and more responsive then so be it.
suspension is by far the best mod on these though, you really see how piss poor the turn in and feel is when you uprate even just the springs.....

Renault Clio GT
clios tend to run at a transmission loss of 15-20%
looking at your power graph its says 105 then 140 corrected which is an estimate of your fly wheel power if you work out the percentage difference its around 35% which is more like a 4wd transmission loss. if you add around 20% to your 105 wheel power then it comes out at standard factory bhp figures.

im not saying your car is broke or is likley too but i would be questioning it with the tuner thats all. having said that i would be expecting around 12bhp from an ik exhaust and re-map and you have no power graph of the standard map so we dont know if it was even running book figures before!!!
should you want to improve on that power delivery in the future i would be getting those nasty flat spots sorted in the torque and hp......

but if your happy with how it runs and feel its quicker and more responsive then so be it.
suspension is by far the best mod on these though, you really see how piss poor the turn in and feel is when you uprate even just the springs.....

Alot to take in there. Not good news then. I think i will start saving for the other company to remap my car. Not happy now atoll. Clearly the original tuning company does not know what he is doing. He took £280 for the work too!!!

Thanks for the info, Fraser.

Not a 320d
WHAT £280?1

Go to RS tuning in leeds. Maps are not much more expensive and you should get better results. Long way for you to travel mind.

Renault Clio GT
WHAT £280?1

Go to RS tuning in leeds. Maps are not much more expensive and you should get better results. Long way for you to travel mind.

Yes I've heard nothing but good reviews about that company but It is as you said "a long way to travel" Petrol would be a huge factor too :(

The new company I have in mind is part of Evolution chips. It's only round the corner and the guy doesn't seem to like the company I went with. He knows his stuff and will do both a before and after dyno test plus test runs etc.. All for £230 but I reckon I will try get him down a bit.

Fraser.

BMW M135i
So does that one?

Black Clio GT
if im honest toby that map fuzzy put up looks w**k, if you get a car "remapped" even with a generic map i would be disapointed with those flat spots whether torque or peak bhp have been improved/moved up the rev range or not!!

fuzzy ask for your money back from the first company or as least ask him to explain the massive transmission loss/take another look at the software/anyfault codes that may have come up and let me know what he says.......

Not a 320d
if im honest toby that map fuzzy put up looks w**k, if you get a car "remapped" even with a generic map i would be disapointed with those flat spots whether torque or peak bhp have been improved/moved up the rev range or not!!

fuzzy ask for your money back from the first company or as least ask him to explain the massive transmission loss/take another look at the software/anyfault codes that may have come up and let me know what he says.......

Well yeah, when he said another company had told him they could do better, i immediately thought about the peaks and troughs in the map getting ironed out, but i didnt think it would be much more than smoother power delivery. Each Rolling road is different. RS tuning is one which gives results which are not there for ego boosting.

Renault Clio GT

Thanks. I will do my best. Definetly get him to explain himself. If he is not willing to help would you suggest getting it remapped from this other company? He did say he has done a few GT's before and got better results compared to mine. I know It's another £200+ but it needs fixed.

Fraser.