ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio GT

Black Clio GT
Thanks. I will do my best. Definetly get him to explain himself. If he is not willing to help would you suggest getting it remapped from this other company? He did say he has done a few GT's before and got better results compared to mine. I know It's another £200+ but it needs fixed.

Fraser.

i would not say it needs "fixing" as it is not really broken, just not good value for your cash thats all, the tuner (imo) has opend his work to questions thats all, hense why i said ask his him for an explanation, maybe its the best you can expect out of a generic map in which case you need to look into some custom mapping work which will involve re-writing certain bits of software to iron out those flat spots...

you learn from mistakes and im pretty sure if the other guy says he can improve the delivery of the power (ie smoother) without trying to get every minute bhp out of the top end then its money well spent....
bhp is just pub talk though, its more about how the car responsiveness and drivability is changed that makes a car feel alot quicker and esyer to drive in a curtain way, which you ulitmatly have the conrol over with a custom map!!

if you do decide to take it to this new tuner then get him to do a before and after graph so that you can see the improvments and usually you should get the day to see if the map is what your after from the car before you pay up.....

Renault Clio GT
i would not say it needs "fixing" as it is not really broken, just not good value for your cash thats all, the tuner (imo) has opend his work to questions thats all, hense why i said ask his him for an explanation, maybe its the best you can expect out of a generic map in which case you need to look into some custom mapping work which will involve re-writing certain bits of software to iron out those flat spots...

you learn from mistakes and im pretty sure if the other guy says he can improve the delivery of the power (ie smoother) without trying to get every minute bhp out of the top end then its money well spent....
bhp is just pub talk though, its more about how the car responsiveness and drivability is changed that makes a car feel alot quicker and esyer to drive in a curtain way, which you ulitmatly have the conrol over with a custom map!!

if you do decide to take it to this new tuner then get him to do a before and after graph so that you can see the improvments and usually you should get the day to see if the map is what your after from the car before you pay up.....

Again alot of good info there. Atleast now I'm more aware of how it all works and what to expect where as before i just saw numbers that I never understood.

I will keep you upto date on how things go.

Thanks again, Fraser.