ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio is Pony

This one is going the scrap soon... Yet another part needs to be replaced....

So there I was last week when one day I started it all was fine apart from a niggly rattle thought nothing of it may just be cold it's not the best engine anyway.. Even warm the rattle stayed so I rang my mechanic a few days later he said have a check see if anythings loose. So I did the next day at night with an iPhone light lol couldn't see anything but! It was coming from the belts on the engine so anyway turned it off closed the bonnet went to bed.

Few days later (yesterday ) it felt like my clutch slipped driving a long the revs went up to the limiter even though I was in 3rd cruising. The rattle stopped. Oh my I thought its finally healed itself!

Started it this morning! Bliss no rattle still took the misses to work went to my mates still no rattle went in my mates then came back out to my car not half an hour later... The rattle is back!!! Noooooo I exclaimed! it's started again fml. We stopped in a car park in a local town I thought right I'll open the bonnet and have a look in day light with the engine off this time! Checking round the pulleys... One of the belts is off by about 2 teeth on the edge of a top pulley I though that might be it.

Gave it a wiggle to see if I could get it back on straight I noticed the pulley had ALOT of movement this can't be right I thought so I quickly checked the bolts what do I find?....

.... 1 bold missing, 1 bolt no thread and wobbling (the rattle) and 1 bolt barely tight I could spin it with my fingers. It looked like it was the water pump pulley because it has a radiator looking hose on one side so I thought I'll put the bonnet down and run it to my mechanic later. On the way back to my friends got to a round about when BANG! Something came out of my engine on a dual carriageway. It was the bloody pulley!!! Rolling away from my car into the distance I slammed on pulled over straight away and killed the engine went and grabbed the pulled came back to my car where the belt is in tact only teeth are missing. So I ring my mates mechanic because mine is in his day job and can't get hold he said its the water pump turn your heaters on full blast and limp it home. That I did! Well to my friends where I sat in wait and anticipation that my mechanic would finish work so I could ring him. Eventually 2 hours passed I called him turns out it was my power steering pump belt and pulley. My car is fine apart from no power steering. Now I have to buy a new one and fit it! Fml and my car

That is all enjoy the read...

Lmao

- Nick

1.2 clio dynamique
Re: Anyone want a free clio?!

im seriously thinking about getting rid of mine, within the last 2 months ive changed the rotary switch in the steering wheel, coil pack, track rod end, crank sensor and next on the list is the inlet manifold, getting really fed up with it now

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

So sell it and buy something else ... :S

This is probably karma for the comedic 18s you used to make it wear (unless I'm thinking of someone else..?).

Audi A5

So u giving away your car or was I just reading it wrong? Also where abouts is newton? ; )

Wehey puncture today

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332332490.038269.jpg

S4 Avant
You think you have problems?

In the last 8 months:
Gearbox
Clutch
Driveshaft
Wheel bearings
Alternator
Fuel Injector
Earth strap
Starter motor
Wheel fell off.

I don't think it's long off being a completely different car to the one I bought 5 years ago

Back on te road as of last night thank god :) after a mitsubishi alternator belt and a Nissan power steering belt was put on as I was given the wrong belts

Also new thermostat hopefully the car will get up to temperature much sooner than it was doing