ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio pics

Nice.

Its a shame when people who have 5 door cars and they kind of apologise before hand, which sucks.. you shouldnt do - you drive what you want, and who cares what other people think.

Nice car mate.. Looks cool.

Daz. (Fellow 5 Door Clio Owner)

nice colour blue. luks gud. ive also got a 5dr wid 16s that needs lowering but as u sed, beggars cant b choosers but soon hopefully ill have it lowered

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I drive the 1.4 version, exactly the same.. I wanted a 5 door to be a little different, and as a challenge. I think 5 door can look just as nice as the 3.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

I think if you colour code all the door handles and bump strips it looks just as good as a 3 door, and Im not biased cos my Clio is a 3 door.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Ive always thought about doing that on the front doors but not sure whether it would work or weaken the door pillars. Would be pretty trick though me thinks.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I wanted to get my door handles colour coded.. what do i need so that the paint isnt going to flake? i asked my friend to spray them for me while he was doing my back door and bumper.. but there was something i needed to ensure the paint wouldnt flake. And on that 3 door issue ;) they can look so dinky.. i like my beefy 5 door ;)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Im female, so id have to say all the kids i produce from a mans exceptionally sized manhood?

They do look good but, true they can be a pain in the arse, my mate has had to smash his quarter panel on his pug 306 a few times to get in!!

Marcus

Got an RT because insurance is too high on the 16valver. i have a lower insurance premium but still generate a rather respectable 95bhp with no mods. still allot of fun suprising ppl who think it is a 1.2 and attemping a race off the lights. I only did the dash yesterday and havent looked at wiring in the dials as of yet but am looking into it. if not i will get them working eventualy. i used to have a 3door and the five door is so much easier to get my brothers kids in and out. just have to put the child locks on which ccauses problems when kids arnt in the back. thanks for the comments i will keep updating the pics as i make changes

did any1 else have problems when fitting alloys? i had to use 3mm spacers ad do some additional work to the right rear arch due to the fact that the arch comes ina bit due to the fuel filler pipe. just hoping nothing else has to be done when i get it lowered.

Nice car mate! i wouldnt worry about having a 5 door. I have a 16 valve and its a pain sometimes with having to get out in the rain, stand there getting wet while the people get out the back! Then when your soaked get back in!!!!

I very rarely use my back seats for anything more than bags.. it scrapes too much.

Last time I opened the rear door was to close the window properly, cus I noticed when washing the car, water was on the inside - silly window was open slightly.

Daz.

-35mm all round.. 195/50/15 tyres.

I think its rubbing on the rear bumper looking at it.. so Im thinking it might not after I put me new bumper on - well have to see!

Might wanna go lower though all round :)

Daz.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

How difficult was it to fit the dash Colin? Im not so keen on the blue dash in my own clio..

well the actual dash it self isnt hard to fit it just clips in place of the old one after you unscrew the securing screws. the dials are the problem. Rts do not have the mountings which the extra dials screw into. i tried getting renault to try and find me the part i needed but to no avail they dant have a clue what i was tring to do. i made my own way of fixing the dials in place. the best thing to do would be to find some one selling not just the top part of the dash and the dials but also the main part of the dash. i am led to believe the mounting for the dials is actually apart of the 16v main dash. as for getting the dials to work is another matter. i have got them to light up so far.

Good luck mate, altho all the clios have the wiring to plug in the dials, your engine wont have the senders for the aux oil dials.

Ive done the same but settled for just wiring the lights up. I connected the oil pressure one but it just confused it, it kept the main dash oil press. dial on and the oil warning light on all the time!

If you figure out a way to make it work let me know tho!

Yeah will keep you informed. wont be soon though because have my concerning matters at the mo. I have a wobble on the front wheels which makes the whole car wobble when accelerating. no one seems to know whats the matter with it. anyone got any ideas??

i have the wheels rebalanced, the tracking checked, the trackrod ends replaced. im thinking its either the drive shaft or the steering rack

Sounds like we have diognosed it as a driveline fault. does anyone know a garage within the hull area that are resonably priced. apparently i need to get the planet joint in the gearbox looked at or the drive shaft. anyone have any idea where to go??