ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Project

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
12102010237.jpg

12102010231.jpg

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
Re: SOMETHING DIFFERENT

picked up some 172 alloys ,grill and spoiler for 100quid not bad ill say
(just need 2 new tyres)

clio 1.2
Re: SOMETHING DIFFERENT

alloys grill and spolier were a f**king bargin!! were from? lower it once u put the wheels on and colour code

a low one
Id probably take it to a body shop mate, as much as im all for doing your own painting etc, the plastics have a texture to them and is fairly hard and time consuming to get perfectly smooth especially if you havnt done any spraying before.

a low one
I think a rough cost for all of it doing would be £200, could possibly be more too but will depend on the type of place you go to.

If i were you i would think hard about getting it all colour coded as it may end up looking like a wine gum!

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
I think a rough cost for all of it doing would be £200, could possibly be more too but will depend on the type of place you go to.

If i were you i would think hard about getting it all colour coded as it may end up looking like a wine gum!

which parts do you suggest

a low one
If it were me i'd just do the door strips and leave them at that, the front and rear bumper mouldings would look a bit odd i think, some colours can pull it off but i dont think yours would.

spend money on lowering it before painting?

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
haven't got that much money to spend on coils
is it possible just to change the springs for now

a low one
you can change springs yeah but for the sake of the extra £60 id get coilies, have fully adjustable ride height and the ride quality would be better than standard shocks on springs.

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
Few updates:

Fitted RS grill
Carbon clio badge
Chrome indicator bulbs
Led numberplate bulb
Led side lights

02112011324.jpg
[/IMG]
02112011326.jpg
[/IMG]
02112011325.jpg
[/IMG]
02112011328.jpg
[/IMG]
02112011338.jpg
[/IMG]
02112011339.jpg
[/IMG]
02112011334.jpg
[/IMG]

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
You got the RS grille fitted then, looks good

Where did you get the LED number plate and side light bulbs?

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
this ones easy

the colour is real nice, and suits silver rims, dont paint or plastidip them black.

maybe lower it 40mm or so.

bit of colour coding if budget stretches?

possibly a sport interior if you can find one for a budget price!

then leave iit alone

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
any ideas on headlights/bulbs/hids upgrade?

the bulbs i have are useless, normal halogen ones cant see very much

Vectra
Looks Good!

Just Needs Coilovers , 5doors Have The Potential To Look Great!

IMO All You Need Do Is Colour Code / Sport 172 Back Bumper / Coilovers = Stunning!

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
Anyone know where I can get springs from
(no $$$$ to splash on coils need to save for insurance but will get it colour coded)

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
just got a quote from spray shack for the side trims 70quid!

gone give it a go myself any tips?

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
how do you remove the rear diamond, is it like the front one or is there a different method?

was thinking of de-badging clio sign wdygt

Just slam the boot hard, should fall off with ease haha. Thats what happened to my rear diamond the first day of owning the car, propper gutted lol.

Imo, I think you should only colour code the side bump strip and maybe the rear too. Leave the front though, it breaks up the front bumper and matches the grille, front diamond and splitter. Just my two cents :)

Might look cool if you get the front bump strip and grille done gloss or satin black?