ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Track Car Blog

CTR--VX220D
Its quite gay I know - but I have setup a blog for my up and coming mini project.

The black beast will be replaced with a silver fox!

All info will be here:-
http://renaultsport-clio.blogspot.com/

Ive got quite alot to write in there on the stuff I have already bought for it, etc, etc, so keep an eye on it! :)

PS... All I need now is a 172!!!!! Keep looking Chris - Keep looking!!!! ;)

M2 Competition
and is fairly cheap to maintain!...

Lol, mine isnt at the moment! Looks good though, and that black vx looks awesome!

CTR--VX220D
lol ..... it is compared to an Elise matey ;)

Ive got loads to put on there of the stuff Ive already bought etc etc... will be updating it soonish!

Z4 Roadster
Coilovers looking good mate! :)

be good to see how this project goes. Hopefully it will look half decent compared to that vx ........ :rasp:

Ad

MK2 FRS
ollie_gozzett said:
i usualyy think vx's look a little bit girly but WOW your's is gorgeous!!

VX's dont look grily. lol.

But isnt your VX dead chris????

Blog is a cool idea:)

Ad

MK2 FRS
christurbo said:
Sure is.... will prob be on Ebay soon!

Aye probably. Not nice to be reminded. wouldnt want any of mine going on the bay. But aint a lot you can do.

172 Exclusive... For Sale
I like the blog, good little story coming along :p

What happened to the vx220 if you don't mind me asking?

M2 Competition
Im still waiting to see someone put black turini's on a black rs... You gonna be the first chris? Reckon it'll look ace!

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Hi chris, it's miles from over on MLOC.

Is it a silver cup you've found or a standard 172?

CTR--VX220D
Hi Miles!

My budget doesnt stretch to a Cup unfortunately.... so its FF stripped out :).

Regarding the VX.... Put very simply:-

I rolled it on a country road. Back end kicked on some loose gravel, caught it quickly, but there was a dip in the tarmac on the bend - which when sideways the tyres dug into it - pivoting the VX over - flipping it over, and over, and over, into a signpost, and then finally into a ditch. I had no roof on either - 2 big impact marks next to my head, and the signpost went through the window. I was very lucky.

Truly gutted.

M

M7CUO_V6

Sh*t sounds like you were lucky to be unhurt! Should'nt have the same back end trouble in the fwd 172.

Which has been your fav car would you say??

CTR--VX220D
The VX most definitely!!!! It was setup perfectly by Horizon Motorsport.

I loved the way the rear used to sometimes come out on power oversteer, used to make driving it so rewarding.... Shame that ridge was in the road as I would have been OK otherwise.

If I had a huge disposable income I would buy a S2 Exige or VXT just for the track.

The Clio will suffice though... Oh and the back end can come out on these little pocket rockets if you want them too ;)

christurbo said:
Regarding the VX.... Put very simply:-

I rolled it on a country road. Back end kicked on some loose gravel, caught it quickly, but there was a dip in the tarmac on the bend - which when sideways the tyres dug into it - pivoting the VX over - flipping it over, and over, and over, into a signpost, and then finally into a ditch. I had no roof on either - 2 big impact marks next to my head, and the signpost went through the window. I was very lucky.

Truly gutted.

Bloody hell! That could have been very nasty indeed. Glad you escaped unscathed.

Z4 Roadster
clio looks nice chris, but the towbar!! wtf!!!

sad news on the vx - tbh, I never wanted to ask, as it seemed to be kept fairly quiet. Really gutted for you mate, but hey, the clio will rise and become something special no doubt.

two sets of seats? One set not good enough?

CTR--VX220D
I know - The blue ones are now sold though :)

PMSL - RE: The tow bar!!!!!

Its going to be a right b**ch to get off - have to take the bumper off then take off the huge hidden bolts.

:(