ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio, whaddya reckon

I like the more unusual colours the more i see them. Wheels do nothing for me though im afraid. Some nice camera work!

-Rob

I love the wheels! Keep it original mate, youll not regret it in years to come and your wallet will forgive you. No GT Turbo or 205 GTi looks good on circa 1989 aftermarket wheels.

Just deck it on some coilovers and leave it alone otherwise! Keep it subtle.

Nice one.

I thought about lowering it but My mate (who has a valver) says I shouldnt because itll rattle it to bits :confused:

I think it needs something else though,....maybe a roof spoiler ?

RB5 & 172

is that odyssey blue?

i thought i was the only one with a 172 in that colour, not seen any others till now!

the colour never comes out on pics, it either looks dull blue or purple, nice looking motor though. all i have on mine is put a magnex twin 3.5 sticking out the back, looks sweet! other than that i agrre with ben h, keep it subtle.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Ben i wouldnt say that no GT looks good on "circa 1989 aftermarket wheels"

Some people may prefer the sutble standard look but I think that 172 would look 100% better on some 17" Superleggeras ;)

Nice clio son , it looks wicked i myself want to do a few things to my mk1 172
but by the look of it people say to keep em standard
i like the rear light, how much are they

are you going to fit a exhaust to it , also have you seen the pics on the homepage there is a clio mk1 172 with a wicked roof spoiler

whereabouts are you , are you going to any clio sport events
i will be nice to talk to other mk1 172 owners

Nice car mate

shorty

Quote: Originally posted by jimblive on 24 March 2003

is that odyssey blue?

i thought i was the only one with a 172 in that colour, not seen any others till now!

the colour never comes out on pics, it either looks dull blue or purple, nice looking motor though. all i have on mine is put a magnex twin 3.5 sticking out the back, looks sweet! other than that i agrre with ben h, keep it subtle.
Yeah it is odyssey blue, I was on my way to buy a silver 172 and I saw three on the way there ! I went back to Autotrader and found the blue one and im well chuffed with it :)

Dont get me wrong, I love the silver but in Derby there are loads and ive still not seen a blue 172 :D

RB5 & 172

i thought the same, see to many silver ones and wanted to be different. i had to search high and low for a blue one! ended up going nearly 200miles to get one!

Im in Derby SHORTY. I would love to go to some events but im relatively new to all this and I dont know how you go about it :confused: Like you said mate, it would be good to meet other 172 owners.

I took the photos on my favourite road route going up the A6 to Matlock, through the A5015 to Newhaven and ending up near Ashbourne then flying back down the A52 to Derby. (hardly any cars on a weekday)

Dont ya just love livin in the stix ;)

I live in Dronfield. There is some nice roads around there!

Cheers for the kind words. I think it looks pretty smart. You can just about see from the photo the silvervision bulbs and the clear side repeaters(Now standard) small changes but make alot of difference from my 1.2

Also only recently realised that the drivers side has been delocked!

I was going to ask about the silvervision bulbs, it does look smart, though i wont be spending money on mine unfortunately!

Yeah I like the silvervision bulbs too but after changing the indicator bulb on my car the other week, I dont fancy putting my fingers through the same pain again ! :)

Oakley, are you going to the Midlands meet ?

Cheers for all the kind words and the feedback geezers :)

I think im going to keep it standard.
Though I still need a spare 15 " OZ wheel :( as the one I had is smashed-up-ta-f*ck

BMW 320d Sport

Definitely wants lowering and tints so it looks more evil. Keep the wheels, but you could be hardcore and buy another set of OZ f1s in 17" so they look like the factory wheels except more wicked. THe subtle mods are always the best.