ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio

Disastra Coupe
Hi People.

Well, I'm relatively new to the forum. Been watching it for about a month. Thought I'd just introduce myself and post a couple of pic's of my car.

May not be to everyone's taste, but I think it's turned out pretty well. Opinion's if anyone likes?
Lowered 35mm on the front and about 1" on the back. Cherry bomb exhuast lol.
15" TSW Cylix's (old skool), impossible to find center cap's for. Had a full respray. Sideskirt's, different bonnet, spoiler & stuff.

Disastra Coupe
It is on the left, yes. I know it's meant to be on the right but I bought the bonnet like it. I got the bonnet, driver's door, wing mirror's, complete boot (though i took spoiler off and put on my original boot), sideskirt's, valver s.wheel, all for £35 :D Great when your dad know's the scrapyard bloke lol

Disastra Coupe
Yea, it's a R19 scoop. As far as I know it's never been on the site before. And hit me for asking if I need it but what is 'Hill Power'? :eek: lol

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
Quite nice, I have the same colour. Not sure about the vent though, does it actually let cold air in or is it just glued to your bonnet?

Disastra Coupe
Straight through to the engine. No gay little glue on thing. I wasn't too sure at first as to how it would look. But it's grown on me and I like it now.

Disastra Coupe
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Nick "Hill power" tuning! Looks ok, not over the top.

Hmm, I'll do a Google search, thanks. Yea, that's what I was going for really. Some people told me to lower it more, but I don't want to. I think it sit's nice.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There a few VERY nice valvers on here...Toms, < Infact both Toms Pauls, Scotts...Do a seach for them

Disastra Coupe
I've seen afew already. A very nice red one sat on 17"'s? Saw it in the for sale section. I'd love a Valver for my next car, but can't seem to get a quote:( If anyone can suggest somewhere? 18 years old, 1 years no claims, 3 points. Not really sure I should expect one lol.

Disastra Coupe
Yea, got them on the ped. I was on my way to fetch a new speedo cable, because mine had snapped & a friggin camera got me lol. Also put's me at risk for 2 years.

Disastra Coupe
Fair enough. First person I've ever come across that dosen't like the wheel's actually, but hey, your opinion. The wheels are old skool. I've tried to find center cap's and everyone has just told me it's impossible to get hold of any. It seem's they're right. But I've made some homemade one's that look quite good. Not many people have noticed they aren't original.

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
Martin. said:
not keen on the wheels personally but quite in-offensive
agree with this quote, they are different. and ch!ppen, i dont think it was meant to be harsh, he said the wheels were innoffensive, not too lairy :)

looks good tho, always like the silver RT

Disastra Coupe
Nah, I didn't think he was being harsh. Not everyone's going to have the same opinion. Thanks for replying everyone.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
elephant are good on quotes, im 19 now, but when was 18 it was 900 for 10 months accelerator fire and theft on a valver. try them

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ NO chance in livin hell an 18yr old would get a quote of 900 on a valver!!! Not now a days! Your looking more like 2k!

i definitely did, was no different to my xsi 306, 900, well, 950 something, dunno exactly. i had no no claims either coz of my 205 crash. they are only like grp 12A or something

Edit - bah humbug, went to prove on the quote thing, but elephants website shuts at 11:30?!!! stoopid! my last renault 19 16v was the same as the clio 16v and that was grp 15 or something, elephant seems to put most cars at a set price that are alike, 306 s16 is the same aswell.

My merc 190 was group 17 and that was only £1400 for the year fire and theft

Last edited:
  mk1 phase 3
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
^ NO chance in livin hell an 18yr old would get a quote of 900 on a valver!!! Not now a days! Your looking more like 2k!

i agree with you mate, the best quote i have for a valver with a years no claims/1 year drivin is at least 1600, elephant is even more!!!:dapprove:

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
You have got to be kidding me, i'm 18 with 1 years no claims, no points or anything i'm totally clean and I pay £1200 fire and theft for a 1.4 RT !!!

Disastra Coupe
Christ! I'm paying just short of £900 TPFT! That's with Norwich Union.
And that's a 1.4RT too.

elephant are shite for non performance cars though, i had a clio diesel to runaround in start of this year, and it was 790 with elephant, and the R19 16v was about £100 more...

AJRMOTORSPORT said:

im 19 been driving for under 2 years have no years no claim's, and had a crash last year, im payin 964

ok, i know you think i may have edited this or whatever, but i havent!
mileage per year is 10,000 , one years driving experience, changed my date of birth so i was 18, parked in a garage, no fines, but still! oh, and ZERO no claims.
its only a 10 month program, not a year, but it builds your no claims better, its fire and theft too. the second you hit 2 years driving experience, the price plummets regardless of no claims
oh yeah, tis on a 95 valver!
insurance.jpg

midge said:
im 19 been driving for under 2 years have no years no claim's, and had a crash last year, im payin 964

that sounds just right. its about 900 once you have passed the 2 year driving mark. norwich union wouldnt insure a clio 16v, or even my piss poor 8v XSI! elephant are great! hehe

Billabong
sorry for butting in but i think you are all missing one huge factor. where you live, (or should i say your postcode), makes a massive difference to the price

Disastra Coupe
That's exactly what I said to my mate earlier when we were discussing the topic. Depend's where you live.

certainly does, but i dont think it makes a huge difference. easiest thing to do is just look up a quote.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Yo chip its Ben lee ive rode with you a few times in mansfield/notts cars looking good, do you still ride?

I still have you on msn aswell.

Disastra Coupe
Hey Ben! Yea, I remember you lol. I haven't got you on msn anymore for some reason. Add you later. Err... I've still got the T-Pro if that count's for anything. Not riden it much lately though.

Addz... Adam right? Jon's mate?

Beetle
Addz , bendee , ch!ppen . Are you three from around the notts area then?? theres an east mids meet coming up in january if you fancy it, check the meets section, the threads on the first page.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Yeah im from shepshed near loughborough witch is like 10 mins away from the services (if thats still where the meets being held).
I wasnt sure on going as i dont know anyone but i supose it how you meet people.
It might be a bit far for chip though as it took me just over a hour to get from mine to mansfield and i was pushing it, well asfast as the little 1.2 will go.
Chip do you still speak to gamo bono or picki i havnt spoke to them in ages i heard gamo had to quite because of wrist problems.

Disastra Coupe
Hey, yea we're all from Notts. I'll see if I'm doing anything that day (doubt it lol). If i can, I might nip up.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
addz you from mansfeild? i rode there saturday the 17th at a guess and we rode outside the burger king by the side of the road and im sure a car the same as yours went by i defo saw a black one with the same lights.
i was on a silly looking bike with no seat but i doubt you would of been looking.

Beetle
i'm not far from mansfield and it only takes me 30mins to get to east mids airport. pop along if you can, its the first meet so not many of us will no each other:clown: