ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cup has no front splitter

clio 172 cup
Why hasn't mine got a front splitter? Everyone else's seems to, are they standard? Where can I get one from and how much??

clio 172 cup
Dont fink so, had a look underneath, dont look like its ever had one. So do they come as standard then?

clio 172 cup
Guess I'll just keep my eye on ebay for one, dont really wanna pay over 100 quid for a carbon one.

182 Full Fatt!
Guess I'll just keep my eye on ebay for one, dont really wanna pay over 100 quid for a carbon one.

You won't pay much less for a used one on ebay I'm afraid, I've been looking out for one since a Pheasant decided to head butt mine at 60mph!
I'm thinking of going the Carbon route

Black-Gold 182
I thought it was the start of a joke
"I say, I say, I say, my cup has no front splitter..."
:S
Get a CF one for it - they're cheaper than the standard Renault one, and believe me, you WILL scrape it yourself at some point!

Dunno why but i don't really like the Carbon ones... Think standards colour looks better. The shineyness of the carbon looks too aftermarket.

Plus it'd break easier surely.

Black-Gold 182
Dunno why but i don't really like the Carbon ones... Think standards colour looks better. The shineyness of the carbon looks too aftermarket.

Plus it'd break easier surely.

Probably break as easily as the plastic ones.

If you're worried about the look of it, 2000 wet n dry and a can of black paint will work a treat! ;)

My carbon one has been broken a few times, just glues back together. Once it finally meets it's maker it's being replaced with a standard item.

182 Full Fatt!
Does the carbon one shatter if I touch a kerb as the standard one just rips off pulling the self tappers out the bumper.
I don't want a carbon one if it shatters easy on contact with a kerb! Is it strong?