ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My DCI65 dyno (diesel haters beware)

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Well I have a 1.5dci that was once a 65bhp tractor, it still is a tractor but it has come a long way, so i tought I'd put the dyno results on here.
all power displayed is power measured at the wheels unless stated otherwise.

Afb-112.jpg

Afb-113.jpg

what do you all think?

Cheers!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
I should get mine rolling roaded - 'strong' custom re-map & K&N

I'm guessing 110bhp (from 86) and at least 170lb/ft (220NM) with only 980kg to shift

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2

I'm guessing 110bhp (from 86) and at least 170lb/ft (220NM) with only 980kg to shift

I'd definately go for a remap that gives more torque than BHP if I were you, torque is king:lolup:

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Oh my god! :quiet:

I hope that you have replaced the gearbox! For a DCI 65 the gearbox is not made to handle more than 200 Nm at max.

Clio 182

Your point being? My hybrid is 185 bhp, over 150 lbft and weighs 880ks...AND both the power and tourque hold on for most of the rev range, unlike a diesel which has come and gone like a virgin on prom night :rasp:

LOL dieseeesels rev to about 5.5k max, therefore you have to change gear every 2 seconds.

Not many infact any from memory rev to 5.5k then again they pull from under 2k so the power band makes the 172 look rubish reay.

Yeah they do, governer is set at 5.5k in loads of cars. 5k for most normal diesels (306 DTurbo for example).

Pulling from under 2k is really useful, the only time my car is revving below 2k is on idle lol.

Yeah they do, governer is set at 5.5k in loads of cars. 5k for most normal diesels (306 DTurbo for example).

Pulling from under 2k is really useful, the only time my car is revving below 2k is on idle lol.

What has a 5.5 k red limiter then?

What has a 5.5 k red limiter then?

Red limiter? Do you mean red line, or govenor?

The govenor is set at 5.5k in our works Audi. Either that our the gauge is out lol.

Red limiter? Do you mean red line, or govenor?

The govenor is set at 5.5k in our works Audi. Either that our the gauge is out lol.

Govener.

Unusal that what exact spec is it never looked into them to much often 5k is the best they let them rev to Most limit at 4.5k.

It's an A4 estate, S-Line it has on the back. God knows what engine it has though, they do loads I think from 1.9 to 3.2??

al

ST on the way...
I'd swap my site 1.2 16v engine for a DCi80 ANY day!!!

(wouldn't swap the rest of the car tho ;))

"Navy" N17 TWO
What exactly does the governor do?
I get the "oil, stop & serv" lights flashing sometimes when overtaking (flooring it) :S

What exactly does the governor do?
I get the "oil, stop & serv" lights flashing sometimes when overtaking (flooring it) :S

Just stops you reving any higher no warning lights should come on at all.

Sounds liek you need to get the fault checked out might be a oil pressure sensor or level warning.

dCi 100
Could be the "safe mode" too. That usually happens when the boost goes to the "limiter" 1.2bar on dci80's.

Cheers!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'll check it tomorrow mate :)

Don't really know much about the mechanical end of engines so I'm a bit worried :S

what mods have been done to get those sort of results?

To get 100hp at the wheels you'd need the bigger injectros form the 80 a serious custom remap and a suitable intercooler. also things like k and n etc wll help. WIll be a bit smokly though.