ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Drive of the R27

Roy, should you just PM your MSN lol might make the boards a cleaner place? lololol.

I will say though fair comment, although I've been lucky and only experienced 'good' dealers, maybe Renault should stuff me as I'm probably one of a few happy customers lol.

Roy, should you just PM your MSN lol might make the boards a cleaner place? lololol.

I will say though fair comment, although I've been lucky and only experienced 'good' dealers, maybe Renault should stuff me as I'm probably one of a few happy customers lol.

Well, also the stories I am reading of creaking suspensions, rattling doors, jumpy cold running...TBH it doesn't appear much better built than the old 182 (from what I'm reading) Better plastic doesn't mean better built ;)

M

mini-valver

REALLY like that! Liquid was top of my list but this takes it hands down now......

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
Nice to hear a good review of the R27 and that a few little niggles have been sorted.

I have also heard that the steering feel has been improved a lot too.

Looking forward to picking mine up in June.

I still wouldn't bet on niggles being sorted tbh. Renault didn't fix any build quality issues on the 182 from the first and last cars to roll off the line :D

Dirty E91

Well, also the stories I am reading of creaking suspensions, rattling doors, jumpy cold running...TBH it doesn't appear much better built than the old 182 (from what I'm reading) Better plastic doesn't mean better built ;)

Roy,

Was speaking to a sales guy at the weekend, he has had a 197 and now runs a R27, says he belived Renault have tweaked the newer cars as the R27 doesn't "kangaroo" anymore when cold, the exhaust note also sounds different and the car pulls harder.

After test driving it I think I would happily run swap my 182 for one but I love it too much.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
there gorgeous...lots of money for a clio though

i was quoted 16.5k with all options barr the folding mirrors (and in liquid) which wasnt too bad

R

rich[182]

Best looking 197 I've seen to date
IF I were to get one I'd have to have some Eibach sportlines to lower it a little, 20mm-ish
Brakes wouldn't need touching, All stupid stickers removed, ITG panel filter, Decat, custom cat-back, RS Tuning remap and colour coded rear air diffuser, should def improve the mid range and throttle response which seems to be it's biggest complaint

Clio 182
The 197 is much slower on the road than the 182, side to side road tests have proven this over and over. The 197 does have better feel and handling though, this was seen at the track where the 197 posted very close times to the 182... The next test was to see what a lightened 197 would do and about 150kg was taken off 197, that made a world of a difference.

So in my opinion, the 197 is a great car, it just needs to lose some weight (250kg!@!!)

Lux'd Glacier White R26
until they improve the engine i couldn't consider the package, everything else is great apart from the engine and thats a big thing to get wrong in a hot hatch really.

i agree with this ... improve the engine and id buy one deff !

Seconded!

Renault would have another Customer if they dropped the 225, or 230 engine in it!

Tys.