ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My eBay account is constantly getting hacked HOW TO STOP IT??

RS6 C7
Hi,

The past week we have been hacked 4 times, eBay is a large part of our business so this is worrying! I am the only person that knows the password and the details etc.

I have Norton anti virus and have done scans on all the PC'S we use, Nothing found!

There is no way anyone could guess the password as it's long and has caps, numbers & symbols!

Each time they try and sell iPhones on my account for £100 less than any other on eBay. It's getting really tiresome now and takes ages to resolve as i have to go through ID check etc with eBay.

eBay themselves don't say much about how it happens and i can't find much on the internet with consistent hacking. I reckon it's some kind of Virus that's buried on one of our computers but nothing can pick anything up.

HELP PLEASE!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Change the PW daily? I dont know how they do it tbh and It's annoying but if you use eBay as your main point of sale you need to make it as safe/secure for you and your customers as possible.

RS6 C7
No they never change any of that. I'm fully verified etc and have done everything i can.

Soon we will have an "eBay manager" so i don't have to go through stupid call centre etc. eBay actually notice that someone's used my account and lock it. (That's happened 3 times)

Just this minute i tried to login and it wouldn't have it, Manged to sort it by answering the secret question but still hassle i don't need.

Someone mentioned something called a "Key logger". ?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
You must have some spyware (key logger) or something on your computer. Try using a different computer until you know the one you have been using is clean.

5, 19, Integrale, Cupra R
Maybe they have access to your email and can reset the password that way?

Its very simple if you have any sort of keylogger installed on your system. No matter how many times you change you're password, they will still see it.

Norton will not pick up everything so I'd suggest logging in to your eBay account on a completely different system and changing all your security details such as password, security questions etc etc.

If you are just changing the password and they know the answers to your security questions then its pretty pointless.

Also, check to see if anyone has access to your email address, they could even be requesting a new password then logging in to your email to get the verification email then deleting it so you can't see it.

A whole load of possibilities as to how they could be gaining access tbh.

PM me if you need more help...