ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Evo 5 - Pic Heavy

White Evo V
Havnt been on here for a while, but since my old car went up for sale I've been on quite often recently. Thought I'd post a few recent pics of my Evo 5 and see what you guys think. She's running 400bhp and 390lbft at the mo and just gone to have an Exedy twin plate clutch fitted! £1600! Lol! Here's a few pics:

416e94c2.gif

8be9916c.gif

0fc9bba7.gif

adcffe91.gif

95cec4ff.gif

DSC01327.gif

CopyofDSC00907.gif

Few under bonnet shots - although now it's slightly different:

DSC02527.gif

DSC02526.gif

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Looking good Ben, I actually spotted you a while back, you were utilizing the acceleration of your car at the time LoL

Turbos.
I like the 5s... the Superleggeras have a crap offset though! Almost makes it look like a Carisma with a bodykit!

Was the last registered keeper from Oxfordshire area ? Sure i know that car from somewhere.

Looks sweet either way !

e91 330d/type r mini
very nice ben, still tidy as ever mate, how come its been over to racing line and not back to pauls?

White Evo V
It was at an MLR rolling road day at TRL. It will be having a run on Pauls dyno on 23rd May when he maps my mates Evo.

White Evo V
I like the 5s... the Superleggeras have a crap offset though! Almost makes it look like a Carisma with a bodykit!

Lol! They look far better in the flesh, pics don't do em justice at all!

Was the last registered keeper from Oxfordshire area ? Sure i know that car from somewhere.

Looks sweet either way !

Hereford mate, it had covered 1800miles in the 4 years he owned it so chances are it isn't the same one! Lol. Also when I bought it the car was 100% as it came out of the factory too.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks great.

Has anybody seen Bens videos on YouTube of him in his 5. Shall we say it takes some abuse!!! Good lad! ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
5's are my fav. Looks lovely but I'll echo what's been said about the wheels.

What's the spec to get to 400? Or 398 shall I say..;) haha

Nissan 350z
I know nothing about Evos or the SLs but when i saw the photos i immediately thought "needs spacers". It was only after reading the other comments that its because of the alloys you have fitted. I agree with the other comments that it makes it look like a bodykit and the wheels arent flush :(

Even the standard wheels on a 5 sit in like that, wider track on the evo 6, i *think* the 5's track is just a tiny bit wider than the 4 which doesnt have the flared arch's

White Evo V
5's are my fav. Looks lovely but I'll echo what's been said about the wheels.

What's the spec to get to 400? Or 398 shall I say..;) haha

Well mine has full 3" exhaust from turbo back Inc decat, walbro fuelpump, uprated actuator, blitz boost controller, remap, g-reddy air filter, HKS induction pipe, ralliart HT leads and coils, stock TD05 turbo running @ 1.7bar

Even the standard wheels on a 5 sit in like that, wider track on the evo 6, i *think* the 5's track is just a tiny bit wider than the 4 which doesnt have the flared arch's

The 4 has the same shell as the 5 and 6 but the 5 and 6 have a wider track, 5 and 6 have exactly the same arches and everything, all that's different is the tailgate, spoiler and front bumper.

The standard 5 and 6 alloys don't fill the arches that is why people put 9" wide wheels on which does fill the arch properly.

My wheels are just 19x8.0 so there the common fitment.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
lovely looking car, probably the best looking of the evo's

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well mine has full 3" exhaust from turbo back Inc decat, walbro fuelpump, uprated actuator, blitz boost controller, remap, g-reddy air filter, HKS induction pipe, ralliart HT leads and coils, stock TD05 turbo running @ 1.7bar

The 4 has the same shell as the 5 and 6 but the 5 and 6 have a wider track, 5 and 6 have exactly the same arches and everything, all that's different is the tailgate, spoiler and front bumper.

The standard 5 and 6 alloys don't fill the arches that is why people put 9" wide wheels on which does fill the arch properly.

My wheels are just 19x8.0 so there the common fitment.

How wide they are doesn't make as much difference as the offset.

Your wheels have an offset that's too high. That's why they sit inboard of the rear arches and look a bit weird.

Awesome machine. Wheels look rubbish and it needs some decent brakes.

Put the winter wheels on and keep them on. Fin.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The winter wheels would be my preference year round. :)

But that said, your Evo looks superb m8 - in the best colour too! What fuel pump are you running at the minute?

D.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
CS never ceases to amaze me. The guys got a proper tidy good looking car that is really quick and all everyone is bleating on about is how it looks s**t because of the wheel offset.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
CS never ceases to amaze me. The guys got a proper tidy good looking car that is really quick and all everyone is bleating on about is how it looks s**t because of the wheel offset.

I don't think people are whinging that much, Superfast. They are probably just a bit vocal in their opinions - lol.

Anyways, when's your next Evo arriving???

D.