ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Evo VI

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
B9B79D33-5E96-475E-B28B-167A43BE5938_zpste4qcpfp.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Little tip - see the edging strip on the top of the rear arch? Keep it clean - not obsessively, but certainly every time you wash it - wipe it down. If that needs replacing, the OEM part is silly expensive for what it is. They quite often perish - go a yellowy colour, or peel away from the bodywork entirely.

In that same area too, the inner section of the rear arch is very prone to rusting. Again, if they need replacing, they are a non-cancel-able item from Mitsubishi as they are specially ordered from Japan. And you need to pay up-front. Iirc, they were about £240 for the pair when I enquired.

At the bottom of the rear flared arch - in front of the rear wheel, so to speak - there's a little ledge. Depending on how 'fussy' you are with the exterior of the car, this little lip can collect stones and stuff from the road. When you go to open the rear door, sometimes you can hear a catching/scratching sound. Then little bits of grit and s**t fall to the floor. Never good - and quite cringey when you hear it!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Little tip - see the edging strip on the top of the rear arch? Keep it clean - not obsessively, but certainly every time you wash it - wipe it down. If that needs replacing, the OEM part is silly expensive for what it is. They quite often perish - go a yellowy colour, or peel away from the bodywork entirely.

In that same area too, the inner section of the rear arch is very prone to rusting. Again, if they need replacing, they are a non-cancel-able item from Mitsubishi as they are specially ordered from Japan. And you need to pay up-front. Iirc, they were about £240 for the pair when I enquired.

At the bottom of the rear flared arch - in front of the rear wheel, so to speak - there's a little ledge. Depending on how 'fussy' you are with the exterior of the car, this little lip can collect stones and stuff from the road. When you go to open the rear door, sometimes you can hear a catching/scratching sound. Then little bits of grit and s**t fall to the floor. Never good - and quite cringey when you hear it!

The white is pretty annoying. As much as the car was well looked after service wise I don't think the previous owner www a clean freak. There's bits of ground in dirt all over he place, rear spoiler etc where it has been built up.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Getting the brakes serviced tomorrow as they're sticking on a little which is probably due to it been sat for a while.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The white is pretty annoying. As much as the car was well looked after service wise I don't think the previous owner www a clean freak. There's bits of ground in dirt all over he place, rear spoiler etc where it has been built up.

The problem you have is that you don't realise what white is white. Until it stares you in the face!

I got the polisher out on the rear spoiler once (always my favourite part of the car to clean) and had a few swipes over the top blade with little more than some AG Super Resin polish. One of those situations where you go "Wow - that looks super bright and shiny"...... closely followed by "look how s**t the rest of the car looks". What appeared clean initially, looked like the white leather seats in a fag-infused Jag from 1984.

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Have I seen this driving through Harrogate? Could of sworn I saw a similar white evo VI the other day??

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'd have to live in mine if it didn't have an alarm.

Under bonnet is a big improvement mate. [emoji41]

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Got some quotes for paint today. Around £350 to have the front bumper and side skirts painted to eradicate the stone chips.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The heat shield under th Bonnet was looking gash so decided to try and make it look slightly less gash.

517D460E-4205-483B-86B8-FA2D90B9B730_zpszbttqg2w.jpg

1ADAA351-C5C7-440C-93E3-8099439723B5_zpsblopfqhl.jpg

Into the home booth!

E0693213-AFA8-4425-A50B-CFE868CB427A_zpsic2oi6fv.jpg

FF1C0C99-65B7-4F01-A32C-5FDD0CE42147_zpsb6isw5tx.jpg

And now back on the car. There's a few other rusty bolts and brackets but it's an improvement IMO;

2AF9A129-ECBF-4109-ACF3-6697C8AD6641_zpsj9xvws3h.jpg

CD58F306-7F30-4D16-93D9-20A3D09DE9F5_zpsizfnjcho.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's only a car. Just buy another one.

(And before anyone says about money, if you can't afford to write off your car on track, either insure it or don't participate!)
Who cares about the money/car. I'd be more concerned about injuring/killing myself! Cage is a definite must on track

Clio, Nova, Astra
Awesome looking evo sooooo aggrssive these motors just cant get no with the front fog covers just look out of place other than that a top motor