ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Ex 5 has just died!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

The guy who swapped cars with me has just informed me that he found a load of Oil in the water reservoir and that basically the Head is cracked!!!!!!!

I have just spent £1500 having this rebuilt about 6 weeks ago - he knew this when swapping with me, i had a reconditioned head fitted - but obviously it was already on the way out as its lasted all of a month before giving up completely!

I feel really bad for the guy - and i would be fuming if it was still my car, ive told him to contact the guys that did the work to see what they say.......

I do however have a feeling that hes probably been ragging it since he had it, but even by Renault 5 GTT standards, 1 month is quite poor considering it just had a £1500 rebuild!

Same happened to my five, but mine was pinking like a mother f**ker while doing it!! Discovered that the first head that was on it had been over skimmed and then the second head to go on was the same!! Bloody GTTs still might by another next year!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well it should have all been sorted having been rebuilt for £1500 by possibly the best 5 Tuner around..........

Just shows these cars wont ever be bullet proof no matter what you do to the engine!

Quote: Originally posted by nickg123 on 04 December 2002
Just shows these cars wont ever be bullet proof no matter what you do to the engine!
LOL,

to be fair though, i hear this R5 was pushing out some crazy BHP? looks like you traded just in time.. dont feel guilty mate... it was a fair trade, problem has nothing to do with you...

you comming to BBPT rolling road BTW? id love to see this dimma kit in the flesh!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well he knew id just paid £1500 to get it rebuilt, that was one reason he was so keen on it!

I would be fuming if i still had the car though, seriously!

Anyway, when is this RR day?? Where are BBT again, east London??

my mates got a k-tec show car r5. just had a conversion done so hes running it in at the mo. on zero boost its 190 bhp. once on full its about 280bhp!!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

On ZERO boost? Are you sure you dont mean the minimum which would be around 10 psi? Youd not want to drive a turbo car with Zero boost, that would be slooooooooooooooow

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

But it still cant be Zero boost - it must be at least 10 psi, you cant just turn a Turbo off, that just wouldnt work!?