ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Faded/Scratched/Abused/Driven 106 GTI

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Well The 106 goes for its MOT tomorrow and while it was relatively clean I thought I would take a few snaps. I haven't photographed a car in ages and I normally don't bother with my own car as its normally not worth it. However I was feeling in a good mood tonight and got some photos of it, its off to the ring next month and and then straight in to competition the weekend after in May.

The car is now almost finished, I need to make some foot plates up for the passenger and retape the drivers side floor pan apart from that its pretty much ready for the ring.

I fitted yet a another gearbox last week and have done 250 miles in it this week and I am in love with it. It might look like an old shed to some but the smile cannot be wiped off my face when driving it.

Anyway some photos..

13473193033_fda510eb3c_b.jpg

13473047195_98ec93499a_b.jpg

13473013575_cccdc90798_b.jpg

13473090233_ac4cc8f24f_b.jpg

13472944805_d477956f72_b.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Looks good mate like the 205 wheels on it. My mate had a black one about 10 years ago great little cars

clio 182 FF
Cool car. I like the 205 gti wheels, they realy suit it.

It must be super light with all that stripping. They are not exactly heavy as standard.

Looks really smart! I preferred it on the cyclones tbh but the Speedlines do work really well on these too. Are you driving it to the ring?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks really smart! I preferred it on the cyclones tbh but the Speedlines do work really well on these too. Are you driving it to the ring?

Cheers! I liked the cyclones but much prefer these I also have 14 of them so I have plenty of spares unlike the cyclones. I am Indeed driving it to the ring :/ gonna be interesting.

Cheers for for the comments people :)

Lol at 14 of them! As you said, the trip in a car with no sound deadening will be interesting, just pack some ear plugs and you'll be fine, ha.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Yea ear defenders are in the car already. I am going to fit intercom before the ring I think so I can have phone Bluetooth and iPod input through headsets and then it's fitted for rallying next year.

RB 182 cup
despite the hate they get for it still, the days of saxo/106s doing handbrake turns in macDs are long gone. These are really great cars to drive!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Mine is so much better on long journeys now I have the SPG fitted.

106 looks good Matt. :)

mine isn't with the new gearbox, it sits a few hundred rpm higher at 70mph so it's noiser :( crushing at 70 the whole way to the ring lol.